[Feature Request] A bit more comfortable way to edit and work with JavaScript

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

MrZebulon
User

[Feature Request] A bit more comfortable way to edit and work with JavaScript

Post by MrZebulon »

Hi all.
Just a couple of thoughts.
It's a hard way to edit and integrate JavaScript, imho.
It's working, no doubts, but not very comfortable.

Insert a form element.
Open the JavaScript editor window, write or change the code. Close it, test the form, open it again. And so on.
What was the code in form element xy?? Go to the element, drag down the scroll bar, open it's properties,
open the JS editor window, and again and again - the same procedure. That drives me nuts.
You know what I mean? ;-)
Why not one, separate editor window with all the JS code, structured by form elements, and the window can stay open
while testing the form.
That's a tall order?? OK - only a wish to make work easier.

Kind regards
Roland
Patrick-Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: [Feature Request] A bit more comfortable way to edit and work with JavaScript

Post by Patrick-Tracker Supp »

Hello Roland,
Thank you for your post. I too have experienced this same struggle when working with complicated JS tasks. I will bring this suggestion to the attention of the project management. I cannot guarantee that they will approve this request, but they will consider its feasibility for future implementation.

Thank you for your suggestion,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Cheers,

Patrick Charest
Tracker Support North America