Phantom entries!?

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

MrZebulon
User

Phantom entries!?

Post by MrZebulon »

Hello All.

I have a ready to use 3.page PDF-form. (JavaScript included)
I added a page and some lines of JavaScript and the view/output in PDF-Editor is ok.
When I open the same form in PDF-XchangeViewer, I noticed some mysterious
double entries, even in print preview.
(Both products the latest version)

Someone with the same problem?

Kind regards
Roland
PDF-Editor
PDF-Editor
PDF-XchangeViewer,
PDF-XchangeViewer,
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Phantom entries!?

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi Roland,

Thanks for the post - I suspect that this is a bug in the Viewer's calculation handling as it was known to be a little deficient in this regard at times. I'm afraid that the Viewer is no longer supported and hasn't been for quite some time, so unless there is otherwise an issues with the Editor's handling/creation of the form fields, then we'll have to suggest that you stick with the Viewer.

Thanks,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com
MrZebulon
User

Post by MrZebulon »

Hey Will.

Many thanks for the clarification and the prompt reply.
In 99% of the cases the viewer works fine and for forms I use the editor anyway.
I didn't realize, that the viewer isn't supported anymore.

Kind regards
Roland
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

No worries Roland :)

The Editor is actually the Viewer's replacement and was rebuilt entirely from the ground-up to accomodate new features and bug fixes that couldn't be integrated into the Viewer's codebase. We still offer the Viewer as a download because many users do still like to use it, and for a while we were still adding some small fixes here and there (critical only), but weren't adding new features. Now, as I understand, even those have stopped completely. Forms were always problematic in the Viewer and unfortunately were one of the instances of bugs/features not being compatible with the existing codebase.

Cheers,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com