Clear search box when program closes?

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Ted0987
User

Clear search box when program closes?

Post by Ted0987 »

I did a search and found a related topic: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=25886&p=101164&hil ... ch#p101164; but my question is slightly different. Rather than clear the whole search history list automatically when the program closes I was wondering if just the search box can be cleared; I can't seem to find an option for it. I like that it doesn't clear every time I close the search panel but an option to clear it when the program closes would be nice. I'm using the latest version of the Editor, 7.0.326.1.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Clear search box when program closes?

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Ted0987,

I will ask our UI devs if such a feature is feasible and can be implemented.
Please note this is not a promise that we will work on it - just that we will review it at this stage.

Regards,
Stefan
Ted0987
User

Post by Ted0987 »

I understand. Thanks for the reply. :)
Willy Van Nuffel
User

Post by Willy Van Nuffel »

For PDF-XChange Editor the "Find" and the "Search"-history is stored in Windows Registry below the following keys:
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Tracker Software\PDFXEditor\3.0\Settings\DocFind]
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Tracker Software\PDFXEditor\3.0\Settings\SearchView]

So, as a 'work-around' for now, this information can also be cleared (partially or completely) via a custom *.REG file, with a content like this:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
[-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Tracker Software\PDFXEditor\3.0\Settings\DocFind\History\Items]
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Tracker Software\PDFXEditor\3.0\Settings\SearchView]
"t.TextAll"=""
"t.TextAny"=""
"t.TextNot"=""
"t.TextSimple"=""
[-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Tracker Software\PDFXEditor\3.0\Settings\SearchView\SimpleHistory\Items]

Best regards.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Thanks for the suggestion Willy Van Nuffel!

Cheers,
Stefan