Suppress tool change

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Surferboy
User

Suppress tool change

Post by Surferboy »

Hello,
I really like the opportunity to pin a number of documents in one window. I use this every day. The thing that decreases the usability for me is that every pined document keeps its own "last tool". As I am switching continuously between the documents, I always end up having the wrong tool selected. Can this be fixed or adjusted?

Thanks for help.
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Suppress tool change

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi Surferboy,

Thanks for the post - Can you please try unchecking this option, under File --> Preferences --> Tools and see if that helps?

Thanks,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com
Surferboy
User

Post by Surferboy »

Hi Will,

it doesn't help. I think this option just means that a document "remembers" the last tool which were used to work on it.
What I'm looking for it the possibility to keep the tool between documents which are currently and parallel open.
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Hi Surferboy,

Thanks for getting back - I'd initially tried this myself and had it work, hence suggesting it. However after restarting the Editor, it looks as though it may just have been coincidence because I'm now seeing the same as you.

Currently, it appears this isn't possible - I'll speak with the Dev. Team to confirm/deny this and, if it isn't possible, then I'll put in a feature request.

Thanks,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Surferboy
User

Post by Surferboy »

Alright, thanks for caring! Keep me posted :)
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

:D
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)