Signatures & Initials Shortcut

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Arnold
User

Signatures & Initials Shortcut

Post by Arnold »

I have started using Documents -> Signatures & Initials. I found an option in the Properties of the signature items themselves to add a shortcut. Since this feature works well, I decided to add one. Once the shortcut was added though, it would not work in Windows XP or 7. Am I missing something? Is this just a problem over here?

Thanks.
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Signatures & Initials Shortcut

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi Arnold,

Thanks for the post - Myself and my colleagues have been looking for the option that you described, but cannot find any way to add that to the toolbar. Forgive our ignorance or possible misunderstanding here, but can you send a screen-shot or two that shows what you're doing?

Cheers,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com
Arnold
User

Post by Arnold »

If I right click on one of the signature files and select Properties, there is an option to set a shortcut key, but it does not seem to work. I tried setting a shortcut key to the actual Documents -> Signatures & Initials menu item, but it did not seem to work either.
2018-07-23 10_50_07-Greenshot.png
2018-07-23 10_49_49-Command Properties.png
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Arnold,

Thanks for the shots.
While you are clicking on each individual signature - the window that opens up is to set up a shortcut for the whole menu holding those signatures and is not for each individual one.
I do not think it has been intended that you should create a shortcut to this particular container of all your signatures and initials and it would work - it's just that you can set shortcuts for pretty much any Editor command that you have access to. This is not an XP/Win7 issue - the shortcuts do not work on Win10 either for me.

Regards,
Stefan
Arnold
User

Post by Arnold »

Just to be sure I understand. See below where I have set Shift S as a shortcut key for the menu item. Is that supposed to work, or is just not possible to set shortcut keys of any type for this feature?

Thanks.
2018-07-23 11_49_41-.png
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello Arnold,
I am afraid that it is not currently possible to set a shortcut for this function.
Terribly sorry for the inconvenience.
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
Arnold
User

Post by Arnold »

No problem, hope at some point that changes. Just wanted to make sure it was not something I was doing wrong. This feature has become useful because of a digital signature problem on my Windows 7 machine. From what I have tried and learned so far, I cannot fix that without reinstalling Windows. Not something I am in a rush to do.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hi Arnold,
I can certainly ask the Devs about the possibility of adding the ability to give a hotkey to a certain signature.
Before I do, I want to make sure I understand this correctly. You want to give the signature "Jon Doe" a hotkey so that when you press it, it would function the same way as clicking on the "Jon Doe" signature normally would via the UI with the mouse, yes?
(ie: appending the signature stamp to the mouse to allow placement)
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
Arnold
User

Post by Arnold »

That is how I hoped it would work. I will almost exclusively use 1 signature, as I anticipate most people will. Even without the shortcut, this feature is really useful and will save me a lot of scanning.

Thanks.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Thanks for confirming this Arnold!

Daniel will pass the feature request to the devs!

Cheers,
Stefan