Flipping pen stylus fails to trigger eraser -- but works in portable version, apparently

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

FrodoHackins
User

Flipping pen stylus fails to trigger eraser -- but works in portable version, apparently

Post by FrodoHackins »

I am using a Wacom Intuos Pen and Touch -- current driver version = 6.3.30-6.

In the Wacom Tablet Properties, I have it configured so that the eraser end of the stylus is in fact set to "Erase" for PDFXEdit.exe
In the past, this used to work for me. My primary engagement with the app involves my use of the Pencil tool, so I frequently would flip the stylus to erase. Reliably, my tool would become the Eraser, and then automatically switch back to Pencil when I put the tip to the tablet once more. As of late -- albeit still prior to build 326 -- I noticed this does not happen anymore. If I am using the Pencil and I flip the stylus, then my "eraser" will just make more marks on the page.

One time, it seems to change when I saved a PDF as optimized for version 1.7, but even then, that did not generally work. Oddly enough, the behavior works fine in the Portable version of the app. Anything you can share will be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Flipping pen stylus fails to trigger eraser -- but works in portable version, apparently

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi FrodoHackins,

Firstly, love the name! Regarding the issue itself, can you just confirm the build you're using? Is it the latest release (V7, build 326)?

Thanks,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com
FrodoHackins
User

Re: Flipping pen stylus fails to trigger eraser -- but works in portable version, apparently

Post by FrodoHackins »

Yes, that would be the one. V7, 326
Attachments
pdfx_build.png
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello FrodoHackins,

So far we've been unable to reproduce the issue with our development surface tablet. As such we will be getting our hands on a wacom tablet to test further. It may take a few days before we can test, until then I suppose it is a safe assumption that you will continue using the portable version?

Once we have results here we will return, feel free to bump this thread if we do not return in a timely manner.

Regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
FrodoHackins
User

Post by FrodoHackins »

Thank you for the update. For the time being, I have actually been using a special setting on my tablet -- that triggers a keyboard shortcut I assigned to the Eraser tool in PDFXEditor
Dimitar - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Dimitar - Tracker Supp »

Hello FrodoHackins,

Could you please try to reset the Editor's settings to their default values?
You can do this under the Main menu -> File -> Manage Settings -> Reset Settings.
Then, set the shortcut again and see if the problem still persists.

Also, please do update your PDF Editor to the latest buid 326.1.

Regards.