Running repair and disappered comments

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

acsion_man
User

Running repair and disappered comments

Post by acsion_man »

Hello,

I am an IT admin and our customer uses PDF-XChange 6 (version 6.0.322.7).

User had problems with the comments she made, since they had disappeared after she reopened a document later.

Also how I am supposed to perform a repair to the software installation?

I tried performing it by "PDFXVE6.exe /repair /f" by command line as an admin, but it produced a pop-up window that listed the commands, could you please show an example of a functioning repair command?

Thank you!

Best regards,
Matti
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Running repair and disappered comments

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Hi Matti,

thanks for the excellent questions.
User had problems with the comments she made, since they had disappeared after she reopened a document later.
That should not be happening, obviously, especially after saving the document. Is it possible the document was closed without saving?

To repair simply run the installer again, it will prompt you to repair when run on a an instance of the same version, no switches should be needed.

Moving forward, you should consider using only the MSI installer for future deployments as they are better suited to a managed deployment, the exe installers are somewhat limited in the parameters they can handle. The exe installers are really the MSI installer in an exe wrapper. We do that so we can auto-detect the system architecture, but the downside is that this exe wrapper cannot pass all the parameters the MSI can accept. The exe installers are really intended for end users who would find needing to use an architecture specific installer intimidating.

If you are going to update to the current version I would suggest uninstalling V6 first and then pushing the MSi installers via Active Directory or similar.

I hope that helps.
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com
acsion_man
User

Post by acsion_man »

Thanks will do the repair the way you told!

BR,
Matti
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

:D
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com