Feedback on some v326 changes

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Timur Born
User

Feedback on some v326 changes

Post by Timur Born »

Hello,

I would like to give feedback on some of the latest v326 changes. Overall this seems like quite a big update, especially for fixes. I like this a lot.
Added options to Duplicate Tab and Close Tabs to the Right/Left in the right-click menu options of the Document tab.
Love it.
Added a setting to hide/show the Close Tab button.
Useful.
Added a plugin for accessing files on Microsoft OneDrive.
I am using OneDrive a lot, so it may come in handy. Unfortunately it does not seem to work with the German OneDrive (Office 365) servers (Microsoft started a dedicated German datacenter that is held in trust by German Telekom).
Implemented Stroke Adjust for path rendering and resolved numerous rendering issues.
Extremely welcome fix for a long-lasting problem. Still not perfect (see other thread), but better than before.
Fixed several issues with the Search feature when the "None of these words" option is used.
Still have to check, but thanks for looking into it.
Fixed the issue with the display of page ranges in the "Page Numbering" dialog box.
At first I thought that this would introduce "logical page numbers" to all dialog boxes (like Print), but it seems to be something else.
Updated all of the standard cursors for 4k support.
Surely makes sense.
Improved the loading of panes. All panes in Editor are now loaded on demand - if they are not shown then they are not loaded. This increase performance and decreases the usage of resources.
What kind of real-world impact should we expect from that change? How does it increase performance (other than first load/startup time)?
Enhanced the conversion of multi-column text blocks into an Excel Table.
Conversion is one of Editors weak points, so any improvement is welcome. Overall not much seems to be happening on that front, though.
Improved XPS to PDF conversion.
How does that impact users?
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: Feedback on some v326 changes

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello Timur,
Glad to hear the positive feedback!
Timur Born wrote:How does it increase performance
You are correct the thought train that this will primarily improve startup time, but it will also reduce the resources used over time for many users. This is because not every user uses every tab. As an example, Many users have never created a form field or signed a document digitally in their life, thus the Form tab will sit there gathering dust. This allows that tab to lay dormant and not take up any system resources while it is unused.
Timur Born wrote:Improved XPS to PDF conversion.
Timur Born wrote:How does that impact users?
This will improve the output quality of most XPS documents that are converted to PDF, both for printing, or otherwise.
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
Timur Born
User

Post by Timur Born »

Any chance on getting OneDrive Germany support? Currently Editor tries to login to OneDrive's global accounts, as a result my German login name is not accepted (unknown on the global login site).
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Hi Timur,
Sorry for missing that point!
I will create a feature request for you soon on the matter, before I do, could you send a link to the German login page for me?

Support@pdf-xchange.com
Timur Born
User

Post by Timur Born »

Thanks for looking into this. It is important to underline that this is a dedicated Office 365 service for Germany, with its own datacenter in Frankfurt / Germany. It is not just a German language version of the global Office/Onedrive service. This is why it comes with its own login page.

https://login.microsoftonline.de

Once I am logged in to the website the URL changes to: https://born-my.sharepoint.de/personal/ ... drive.aspx

So Sharepoint seems to be involved?

The Onedrive application can handle this seamlessly, it doesn't matter whether I am using my global or German access credentials (I am currently even using two instances of Onedrive concurrently). All other applications seemingly need to implement dedicated login options, no idea why.
Timur Born
User

Post by Timur Born »

It's a business account, which probably is the reason why Sharepoint is involved?!
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Thank you for this information,
I am creating the ticket now for you!
Ticket
RT#4429: Ondrive Germany support
has been created, please use this to reference any inquiries on the matter.

Support@pdf-xchange.com
BigMike
User

Post by BigMike »

I'd say, at the moment, the OneDrive plugin only supports the OneDrive consumer version (attached to a Live ID).
Neither OneDrive for Business in the global cloud, nor in the Microsoft Cloud Germany, nor any other regional cloud (China, US Gov, ...) attached to an Office 365 subscription seem to be supported.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

I did add a note about the business portion to the ticket, so it is likely that should this be implemented, it will come in bulk.

Edit: I have also updated the ticket include this as a more emphasized note, and changed the name of the ticket to OneDrive Business Support.

Support@pdf-xchange.com
Timur Born
User

Post by Timur Born »

Something forum related: This very thread here does curiously not appear in my "Your posts" list.
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi Timur,

I had actually notified the web-devs of this last week as I'd noticed the issue myself. They're working to fix the issue, but it's not immediately apparent where the problem is actually occurring.

Thanks for the report, it's nice to know I'm not crazy!
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com
Alex-Tracker DevTeam
User

Post by Alex-Tracker DevTeam »

Hi Timur,
Regarding OneDrive Germany issue, can you please try Sharepoint plugin on it?
Timur Born
User

Post by Timur Born »

I can login to sharepoint using the URL I posted earlier, but I did not find my Onedrive content within the directory tree yet.
sharepoint_tree.JPG
sharepoint_tree.JPG (22.98 KiB) Viewed 3959 times
Timur Born
User

Post by Timur Born »

I found it. What you have to do is to remove the "/_layouts/15/onedrive.aspx" part of the URL to land in another directory tree and then browse to the Documents directory. Alternatively you can replace the removed part of the URL with "/documents" to directly land in the Onedrive directory. Good to know and good enough for me.

Is there a way to set a shortcut to already added places? I only seem to find a shortcut for entering an URL.
Alex-Tracker DevTeam
User

Post by Alex-Tracker DevTeam »

Hello Timur,
Glad to hear it worked for you.
Currently there is no way to create shortcuts for Places, or other dynamic menu items, but we plan to implement it in incoming releases. Please follow our website for updates!
Timur Born
User

Post by Timur Born »

Thanks for the information. :)
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

:D

Support@pdf-xchange.com
Special
User

Post by Special »

I just want to say, that this right here;
Improved the loading of panes. All panes in Editor are now loaded on demand - if they are not shown then they are not loaded. This increase performance and decreases the usage of resources.
Makes a huge difference! And I love that it works this way now and it's probably the highlight of this release for me. The Editor was never slow on my SSD, but even I notice the difference in start times now since v326, it feels so much more snappy.
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Thanks for the feedback Special! Glad to hear that and it's always nice to hear positive news :D
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com