Is It Possible to Prevent Copying of Text/Images Without Security Settings

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

bqxmprij
User

Is It Possible to Prevent Copying of Text/Images Without Security Settings

Post by bqxmprij »

I realize that I can include a password to prevent certain functionality, such as copying text and images. Is there a way to print a pdf such that the text and images are not copieable? I was hoping "flatten comments" would flatten the images, such that individual images are not easily copied out of the document. Any thoughts?
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Is It Possible to Prevent Copying of Text/Images Without Security Settings

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi bqxmprij,

Thanks for the post - I'm afraid not. The only way to truly prevent copying/editing of any of the data is to secure the document and require a password to open the document. Setting a password that prevents modifications isn't enough, as there is nothing that stops screen-shots. Unfortunately there's nothing that we can do about this, and the same holds true for any file type, not just PDF's.

Thanks,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com