Cant get customize toolbar to work?

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Mhclev27
User

Cant get customize toolbar to work?

Post by Mhclev27 »

So I recently upgraded from viewer to editor. On viewer, the customizing of the toolbar worked just fine. However, in editor, when I open up the customization window, I am able to drag individual commands from the window (or already present in the ribbon/toolbars) but my cursor remains a red X at any location I would want to drop them. I have read though the manual and searched the forum... I don't seem to find anyone else having encountered this problem...and following instructions in the manual yields the same result. Perhaps I am simply missing something vital here...but have spent a couple nights trying and cant seem to pin down my problem.

Any advice would be really welcome!

I also tried resetting by switching to classic toolbars, but the issue still persists...

If it helps, Im using Windows 10
Dimitar - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Cant get customize toolbar to work?

Post by Dimitar - Tracker Supp »

Hello Mhclev27,

Welcome to our forum.

Could you please tell us what version is your PDF Editor?

You can see that under the Main menu -> Help -> About.

Also, is it possible to make a screenshot of what you see when you trying to drag a menu item to the toolbar?

Regards.
Mhclev27
User

Post by Mhclev27 »

Dimitar - Tracker Supp wrote:Hello Mhclev27,

Welcome to our forum.

Also, is it possible to make a screenshot of what you see when you trying to drag a menu item to the toolbar?

Regards.

Hi, its version 7.0, Build 326. And as for the screenshot, my cursor dissapears for my printscreen function, so it doesnt capture my problem. Basically, I am able to drag a button out of its resting location, but then my cursor changes to a square (with perimiter of dotted lines) that has a small red "X" on the top right corner, and does not allow me to drop the icon back no matter where I hover. So, once I let go of the mouse button, the icon disappears from the menu.

Interestingly enough, this problem went away for about 1 hour, and started working as I assumed it should. But as soon as I set down my computer for a bit, it stopped working and has since been back to not allowing customization. Very confused...
Mhclev27
User

Post by Mhclev27 »

Welcome to our forum.

Regards.
Also, If I try to drag a command from the customize window onto the ribbon / toolbars under any tab in the ribbon, it shows a different cursor, which is the traditional "NO" sign, or a red circle with a diagonal slash through it.

My toolbars/ribbon are also NOT set to be locked, so that is not the problem here....

:/
Mhclev27
User

Post by Mhclev27 »

Welcome to our forum.

Regards.
Also - If I open up viewer, I am still able to customize the menus just fine. And I am not seeing any checked setting differences between the two...
Patrick-Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Patrick-Tracker Supp »

Hello,
Thank you for your post. Please go to File> Manage Settings> Export settings ans send us the settings file so that we can investigate this issue further.

Sincerely,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Cheers,

Patrick Charest
Tracker Support North America
Mhclev27
User

Post by Mhclev27 »

Patrick-Tracker Supp wrote:Hello,
Thank you for your post. Please go to File> Manage Settings> Export settings ans send us the settings file so that we can investigate this issue further.

Sincerely,
https://www.dropbox.com/s/i9uailqs3w4lh ... .xces?dl=0

Here is the dropbox link for the settings export file.

Another thing I noticed is that if I assign keyboard hotkeys to different commands within the program, they save to the properties window, but do not call when I use that hotkey after. Is there a way to fix this?
Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team
Site Admin

Post by Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team »

Hi Mhclev27.

About your problem with DnD commands: it seems that you have other software that 'embeds'(covers) to the main Editor's window, probably to intercept the mouse movements for some own purposes. We had similar problems in the past with some 3rd-party programs which did it and we added workarounds for them. Can you send just screenshot of Editor's window, to see how its looking on your desktop? Sometimes that such 3rd-party programs can be detected visually - often they add some own extra-buttons to the applications title-bar..

About issue with custom shortcuts: can you provide step-by-step instruction to reproduce it? because it works well for us..

Cheers.
Vasyl Yaremyn
Tracker Software Products
Project Developer

Please archive any files posted to a ZIP, 7z or RAR file or they will be removed and not posted.