Testing the text layer availability

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

sashu
User

Testing the text layer availability

Post by sashu »

Hi,

I wonder if it is possible to check the text layer availability in the PDF-Editor. For example, if I have many scanned PDFs that represent a textual content, I have initially only images in these PDFs. Then I run OCR on every single of the PDFs and get a text layer representing a particular text content after the recognition. If I forget to do it, the PDF wouldn't get the text layer. Is it possible to test if all of the PDFs have the text layer?

Best, sashu
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Testing the text layer availability

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Sashu,

Are you using our stand alone Editor or the Editor SDK?

I am afraid that in the stand alone end user version of the Editor there's no such automated tool, but there are options when you are runnign OCR to skip pages that already contain text - so if you have a folder with some files that have text in them already and some that are still image only - you can run the OCR and know that you won't need to process a second time those already OCRed.

Regards,
Stefan