[Feature Request or Bug Report] Can't remember "last used view" if use "New Document Window"

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

netsonicyxf
User

[Feature Request or Bug Report] Can't remember "last used view" if use "New Document Window"

Post by netsonicyxf »

PDF-XChange Editor: 7.0.325.1

The feature "New Document Window" allow user to view the different parts of the same document in one application.
E.g. Open A.pdf and view pg.1 and then use "New Document Window" to view pg.10 of the same pdf file.

After I close PDF-XChange Editor and reopen it, it will automatically open A.pdf in one tab and a "New Document Window" in another tab.
I also use "restore lase used view of document" feature, I would expect to see pg.1 in A.pdf and pg.10 in the "New Document Window".
But it always show the same view as in the "New Document Window", in this case pg.10.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: [Feature Request or Bug Report] Can't remember "last used view" if use "New Document Window"

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello netsonicyxf,

Currently the Editor can only remember one 'current' position in a file, so yes - when you restore two views of the same file - they will both be the same.
I will pass the above to the dev team for consideration as a feature request.
#4420: FR: Remember more than one "last used view" for a file if more than one view of the same file is opened.

Regards,
Stefan
netsonicyxf
User

Re: [Feature Request or Bug Report] Can't remember "last used view" if use "New Document Window"

Post by netsonicyxf »

Thank you.
Look forward to hearing good news