Chrome PDF Links Won't Open In Editor

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Larry T
User

Chrome PDF Links Won't Open In Editor

Post by Larry T »

I'm setting up a new Win 10 machine to replace an old one. I've duplicated every setting I can find to get a pdf link in Chrome to open in Editor. I understand Chrome did away with add-ons and now the only setting is to either let the pdf open in Chrome or have it download into the save dialogue box.

Thing is, my old machine opens Chrome links in Editor. The only difference I can think of is that on the old machine, Chrome is an old install and back when it was allowed, I had disabled the Chrome pdf add-on. Both Chrome installs are the same exact version. Ideas?
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Chrome PDF Links Won't Open In Editor

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi Larry,

Thanks for the post - Do you mean these?

If so, I'm afraid as far as I'm aware Chrome just naturally opens these in its own reader rather than the system default. It's irritating, but I've never been able to find out how to change that. It's not something that we're able to explicitly override I'm afraid. They may be an option somewhere, but I can't find it.

Or do you mean something like this:
If so, then depending on your Chrome downloads settings and the link itself, it will either open directly in the Chrome reader, or download and then act as the first case I wrote about above.

Either way, I'm afraid there isn't much we can do.

Thanks,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com