Cut off perimeter

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Maxdhavys
User

Cut off perimeter

Post by Maxdhavys »

Hi,

Is that possible to cut off perimeter like that ? https://we.tl/pW1jg56jlG
1.png
2.png
3.png
Thx
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Cut off perimeter

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Maxdhavys,

No it is not possible to have a non continuous perimeter measurement using our products, and I am not sure it is allowed in the PDF specification at all!

Regards,
Stefan
Maxdhavys
User

Post by Maxdhavys »

Pity :(

So, as we can add or delete control points, it will be very good if we could cut off perimeter without having to delete a whole perimeter.

Regards,
Maxdhavys
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi Maxdhavys,

As Stefan mentioned, this likely isn't allowed under the ISO PDF Specification, because the perimeter tool is designed only to measure the perimeter of one 'area' in one continuous line. I'm not entirely sure that I understand the use-case for having to cut off the perimeter and start measuring again from a different point as my understanding is that it would violate the concept of a perimeter measurement.

For now, the only way you can do this is to make multiple perimeter measurements and add the totals manually.

Thanks,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com