Broken PDF's (disappearing elements, no text)

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Logilink
User

Broken PDF's (disappearing elements, no text)

Post by Logilink »

Since build 325 I have this problem with broken text or no text at all in PDF's. It happens after some time of viewing the document.
ImageImageImage
Last edited by Logilink on Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: Broken PSF's (no text, broken text)

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello Logilink,
We have just released Build 326, could I ask you to update to this version and let us know if the issue still persists?
If it does, please send us a copy of one of these documents for additional testing.
Thank you!
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
Logilink
User

Post by Logilink »

Yes, It exists in 326 also. Sending doesn't make sense because it happens to all pdfs.
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi Logilink,

Thanks for the post - Over the last few weeks, I've spent almost all day everyday switching between responding to users, and viewing one particular PDF (that remains open all day, even when I'm doing other things). I typically only minimize the document for a few minutes before I go back to it. My PC is also never turned off (I just lock the desktop to the Windows lock screen, which means the apps are all still running): I haven't encountered this issue myself and we've had no other reports that I'm aware of.

This means one, or both, of two things:
  1. It's an issue local to your system.
  2. It's an issue specific to the PDF's you're using; it could be that they all have something specific in common 'under the hood' that you can't see, but is there.
So please do provide all of the following or we cannot assist:
  • Any sample document that displays the issue.
  • A step-by-step guide to reproduce the issue, or as best as you can provide.
  • A detailed rundown of your system:
    • RAM
    • CPU
    • Graphics Card
    • Version of Windows (e.g. Windows 7 Home, 64-bit)
Thanks,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com
Logilink
User

Post by Logilink »

It didn't occur before build 325. It applies to all pdf files. I reinstalled the program, reset the preferences to default. I opened 15 different pdf files - different sizes, languages, elements. Every document after several minutes starts to lose content - text, pictures, every element. After longer time all documents are almost completely empty. I do nothing with them. Just open and minimize the program. Doesn't matter if opened 1 or 15 files. I didn't change the hardware.
16GB RAM, i5-4570, GTX 760, Win 7 64bit.
Last edited by Logilink on Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
shydrunk
User

Post by shydrunk »

Same exact issue here, since build 325. It happens with different pdf files.
16GB RAM
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4710HQ CPU @ 2.50GHz
Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600 and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M
Windows 10 64-bit

TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: Broken PSF's (disappearing elements, no text)

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello All,

Could I ask you all to perform a deep re-installation, and ensure that you use the installers I've linked below. This will ensure that you have the correct installation, are up to date, and should resolve the issue.

This method has a few extra steps beyond uninstalling, so please follow them closely, and be sure to Restart the computer at every point it is detailed, this is crucial to the process working.

1. Please go to: Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features in your system and uninstall everything that is published by Tracker Software Products
2. Once this is complete, please restart your computer.
3. Once restarted, please go to regedit.exe built into every windows computer. Find it by typing "regedit.exe" in search bar of your start menu.
4. Please delete the following registry entries. Only the "Tracker Software" folder and all its sub-folders. **Be extremely careful as a mistake could render your computer useless**
  • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Tracker Software
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Tracker Software
5. You can now close Regedit.
6. Please make sure there are no Tracker Software folders here: C:\Program Files.
7. If so, please delete it.
8. Restart your computer.
9. Now install the software:

1. Please run the appropriate installer:

Editor or Editor plus users: https://www.pdf-xchange.com/PDFXVE7.zip
PDF-XChange PRO users: https://www.pdf-xchange.com/PDFXPro7.zip

2. When asked by the installer, please choose PRO version, then, copy/paste your serial key into the field provided. Be sure to use CTRL+V to paste the key.
3. Now complete the installation and restart your PC.

I hope this helps!

If you still find this issue after the installation, please send an email to support@pdf-xchange.com.com.
Please also include your most recent license key so that we can provide appropriate re-installation instructions for your version fo the software.
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com