Enhancement request (2nd try)

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

DrTeeth
User

Enhancement request (2nd try)

Post by DrTeeth »

Hi,

I asked for these a while back, but thought it was time to ask again.
1) I would like to be able to order the pinned recents, either by A>Z or manually or both. I use the feature extensively and it looks a mess without any ordering as well as being very difficult to find something that I know is there.
2) I would like the PDF Lite printer driver to unload itself after a given period. IIRC, there is an option in the UI for this, but it does not seem to work.

Cheers

DrT
PS The version number has not been updated here https://www.pdf-xchange.com/product/downloads or nearly anywhere else.
Stress - the condition brought about by having to resist the temptation to beat the living daylights out of someone who richly deserves it.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Enhancement request (2nd try)

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello DrTeeth,

Thanks for your post and suggestions.
We already have a Feature Request ticket in our system for the first of your suggestions:
#3999: FR: Sort Recents List

And we are aware of the unloading issue with Lite. Our devs are already looking for solutions to that!

Regards,
Stefan
DrTeeth
User

Post by DrTeeth »

Hi Stephan,

The sort feature has been on the "to-do" list for quite a while as indeed has the unloading issue ;-). The first thing hacks me off every time I use Editor, which is several times a day. I thought mentioning them again would give a nudge to the devs.

Cheers

DrT
Stress - the condition brought about by having to resist the temptation to beat the living daylights out of someone who richly deserves it.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello DrT,

This has certainly nudged them (I posted an update in the ticket as well to raise it's priority!)

Cheers,
Stefan
DrTeeth
User

Post by DrTeeth »

:D

Cheers
DrT
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

:wink:
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
Sasha - Tracker Dev Team
User

Post by Sasha - Tracker Dev Team »

Hello DrT,

The History Pane was introduced in the latest release (332) - there is a possibility to sort the documents by given criteria. You can open it from View / Panes / History menu.

Cheers,
Alex
Subscribe at:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-TwAMNi1haxJ1FX3LvB4CQ
DrTeeth
User

Post by DrTeeth »

Hi Alex,

The sorting that I was hoping to see was in the menu when I click on the lower part of the Open menu item, the one with "Open... and a down arrow". I would like to control the ordering of that recents menu.

Cheers

DrT
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello DrTeeth,

The original ticket is still open, and may see action in the future, WE simply wanted to inform you that we now offer another which handles as you described in your earlier posts.

The history should generally contain all the same items as the recent's list in the File > open menu, however as a pane is was much simpler to implement the sorting features which you desired.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com