Append suffix to the doc names in the titlebar?

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

astrae_tech
User

Append suffix to the doc names in the titlebar?

Post by astrae_tech »

Hi,
Great program. Bought it this week.
I have a question though. Can you append suffixes to the title bar? So instead of "Dong et al - 2012 - Journal of Economic Psychology - Conditional corruption" it would say smth like "RES|Dong et al - 2012 - Journal of Economic Psychology - Conditional corruption" in the titlebar. It would work great with sessions especially if I have like 5 windows open with multiple tabs for different projects.
XYPlorer with the Sessions addon and Firefox with Firetitle addon have this feature.

Thank you,
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: Append suffix to the doc names in the titlebar?

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello astrae_tech,

While there is no built in "Prefix" or "Suffix" option, the PDF-XChange Editor can be used to edit the document title in the document properties (CRTL+D)
As an alternative, if you wish to alter the title of multiple documents at once, the PDF-Tools has the ability to maintain the current filename and affix additional text to it (you could see this as a prefix/suffix feature).
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
astrae_tech
User

Post by astrae_tech »

Well, I don't want to rename the files per se or the title in the properties. I just wanted to change the text in the title bar. Can I assume it's impossible at the moment? Do you have plans to implement anything like that in the future? Via code, plugins, options?
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hi astrae_tech,
I am afraid that this is indeed not currently possible. I will discuss this feature request with the development team for future consideration. However, it is not likely to receive priority attention.
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com