Bookmark targets dialog

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Thomas W.
User

Bookmark targets dialog

Post by Thomas W. »

Editing the destination for a bookmark with normal pages PDF-XChange Editor calculates the Y distance from bottom of the page (see Bookmarks_target_1.png).
Bookmarks_target_1.png
Editing the destination for a bookmark with rotated pages PDF-XChange Editor is working in a strange way by calculating the Y distance from top of the page (see Bookmarks_target_2.png).
Bookmarks_target_2.png
Using these bookmarks (on rotated pages) in Adobe Reader the view jumps to a point measured from the top of the page (see Bookmarks_target_3.png) ...
Bookmarks_target_3.png
... but inside PDF-XChange Editor the view jumps to a point measured from the bottom of the page (see Bookmarks_target_4.png).
Bookmarks_target_4.png
I'd prefer that PDF-XChange Editor jumps like Adobe Reader and as inside it's own bookmarks Edit Action dialog. And it would be nice, if the upper part of the rotated page would be grayed out showing the visible part highlighted.

I didn't checked the bookmarks Edit Action dialog for pages rotated by 90 degree.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Bookmark targets dialog

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Thomas W,

Thanks for bringing this up to our attention!
I will have this checked by a colleague in the dev team and we will post back here as soon as we have any further info!

In the mean time, can we please have a sample document - so that we can take a look?

Regards,
Stefan
Thomas W.
User

Post by Thomas W. »

Hello Stefan,

I'll send you an example pdf file to the support e-mail address.

Regards,
Thomas
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Thanks Thomas,

Got the file and am investigating it already with a colleague from the dev team.
We will post back here as soon as we have any further news.

Regards,
Stefan