typewriter and writing right to left

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

shay_rosner
User

typewriter and writing right to left

Post by shay_rosner »

Hi,
1. How do I turn off red caption "typewriter" when using typewiter?
2. When you change the writing direction from right to left, the typing box clings to the edge of the page to the right. Is there a way to deal with the problem?
3. Is the way to set right-to-left writing by default? (Currently at any time, even in the continuous writing of a number of sticky notes each writing a note must redefine the writing direction)

Thank you!
Patrick-Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: typewriter and writing right to left

Post by Patrick-Tracker Supp »

Hello Shay,
Thank you for your post. Please allow me to address each point below:
shay_rosner wrote:1. How do I turn off red caption "typewriter" when using typewiter?
You may run a short JavaScript in the Editor to disable this function. Please use the keyboard combination [Ctrl]+[J] to launch the JS console, then enter the following script:

Code: Select all

app.setOption("Tools.TypeWriter.Preview", false)
shay_rosner wrote:2. When you change the writing direction from right to left, the typing box clings to the edge of the page to the right. Is there a way to deal with the problem?
I am not seeing this behavior. Could you please post a screenshot that shows this issue, and supply an example PDF?
shay_rosner wrote:3. Is the way to set right-to-left writing by default? (Currently at any time, even in the continuous writing of a number of sticky notes each writing a note must redefine the writing direction)
Whatever the annotation and properties, you should be able to right-click any comment, and apply it's current properties as the default.

Thank you!
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Cheers,

Patrick Charest
Tracker Support North America