Interesting form glitch - copy, past, scroll

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Dekade
User

Interesting form glitch - copy, past, scroll

Post by Dekade »

I'll start by speccing the following - Windows 10 Pro 64bit; top end PC specs, strong graphics card, etc.

On my computer, maybe not others, here is an interesting glitch I have discovered. I have a four page form. Let's say I'm on page 2. I select 2 items of typewriter text, imported PDF text, forms objects, ... virtually anything. I then copy and paste those items into their current location. Now, to retain left/right page position, I keep the items selected, and then press the computer keyboard 'down arrow' to scroll the pasted items down and into/onto the next form page - page 3. As the items enter page 3 they automatically are 'sent to the back' and thus become invisible. I have discovered no means to regain control of those items so I just "Ctrl+Z" to rid the process. I then just resort back to a freehand copy and past. Even then I find the items 'pasting' to the bottom of page 3 and not in location of a mouse click.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: Interesting form glitch - copy, past, scroll

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello Dekade,

This is intentional, as moving the comment on that same page using the arrow keys simply adjusts the coordinates on that same page, in order to move the annotation to another page you will need to use some form of copy or duplicate function.

The Copy paste functionality should allow for you to scroll to the next page, and then paste the content directly to that same location on that page. If the page is of different dimensions and the location it tried to paste to does not exist on the page, it should try to get as close as possible without leaving the visible area of the page. This may be why your items are pasting on the bottom edge of the page.

As for pasting into the mouse position. You can toggle this on or off by opening the Preferences (Ctrl+K) and navigating to Commenting. Near the bottom there is a "Paste comments into mouse position" checkbox. This should help!
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
Dekade
User

Post by Dekade »

TrackerSupp-Daniel wrote:Hello Dekade, This is intentional, as ... This should help!
Understood. Thanks for your time.
Dekade
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

:)
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com