Zoom

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

ois_leiwond
User

Zoom

Post by ois_leiwond »

Hello
I use PDF-XChange Editor Version 7.0 (Build 325.1)
In older versions, it was possible to drag out a zoom window and display this section.
I can no longer find this tool in the new version.
Is not there any more?
And another question: How can you switch off the magnifying glass tool again?

Thanks for Helping
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Zoom

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi ois_leiwond,

Thanks for the post - I believe that you may be looking for either of these tools:

HTH!
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com
ois_leiwond
User

Post by ois_leiwond »

Hello
Thanks.
Yes, I knew that, but this opens an additional window with adjustable frame, which then affects the main window.
In the previous Versions you could put up the frame in the main window and immediately had the enlargement in the main window. That was more logical and faster
Is this solution no longer available?
Willy Van Nuffel
User

Post by Willy Van Nuffel »

Hello,

Myself, I almost never use the "Loupe Tool" or the "Pan and Zoom".

I just did a short test in PDF-XChange Editor V7 build 325.1 and these tools just do not seem to be very intuitive.
It is also not obvious how to cancel or stop these tools.

I think when ois-leiwond is talking about the 'previous' versions, then it goes about PDF-XChange Viewer.
In there, the tools in question are working slightly different and it is possible to resize the Pan window directly by the resizing handlers.

Regards.
Arnold
User

Post by Arnold »

There is a bug in the Pan & Zoom tool I reported that does not appear to have been fixed yet. That may be part of the reason it does not seem intuitive.
Willy Van Nuffel
User

@Arnold
Thanks, but for me the problem does not go about the bug that you mentioned here:
viewtopic.php?f=62&t=30208

It goes about the fact that:

1) in the Editor, the "Loupe" tool re-activates itself each time you close it.
Currently, you must first click the "Select" tool and then close the "Loupe" tool.

2) The zoom-factor for the "Loupe"-tool in the Viewer could be changed by the resize-handlers in the text window itself.
In the Editor you must change this in the "Loupe"-window, on the hand of zoom pct in the concerning text box.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hi all,

Willy is correct here Arnold, It seems these issues are unrelated to your prior ticket.

I would like to clarify though, Currently the Loupe tool uses Exclusive mode, as it did in V6 as well. The catch here being that with the new V7 rework, the Exclusive mode toggle is not readily available unless using formattable tools. As such I've created a feature request to add an exclusive mode toggle in a readily accessible location.

AS for the zoom factor of this tool, the loupe tool is still able to be managed by clicking and dragging on the handles around the zoom box, thus increasing or decreasing the zoom level with a drag instead of typing. You are also able to close the loupe window and then select a tool, the only time it will re-open the window is if you click on the document itself while the tool is still selected.
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
Willy Van Nuffel
User

Thanks Daniel for your answer.

I think I finally found the main cause of both problems: the Track Mouse option in the Loupe tool must be turned OFF.

Exclusive mode was not the reason why the Loupe window kept coming back.

Best regards.
Attachments
Loupe tool - resize handlers missing.png
Loupe tool - resize handlers restored.png
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Somehow, I forgot that option existed, good catch willy!

Support@pdf-xchange.com
ois_leiwond
User

Post by ois_leiwond »

Now I use PDF-XChange Viewer for over 10 years. The functionality and the operation I was always convinced.
But so I find these changes with the magnifying glass and cut and Loupe not very intuitive and actually a deterioration in the operation. The associated additional windows only make things complicated.
If nothing changes, I'll probably go back to an older version or look for other alternatives
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Sorry for the confusion,
Initially I though you were looking for an alternative tool to this one. I believe the tool you have been looking for is the Zoom in/out tool, we've recently updated our article about how each of the view tools work, Please find it below:
https://www.pdf-xchange.com/knowle ... nge-Editor
The function was never removed, though it appears to have changed in name slightly from what it was before.
I hope this is helpful to you!

Support@pdf-xchange.com