Help! Images dissapearing?

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

cyclechris
User

Help! Images dissapearing?

Post by cyclechris »

I spent all day working on a document and just went back in to tweak it and a bunch of images are cut off 1/2 way or missing altogether! I really hope I don;thave to do all that work all over again! Are there settings, etc. That I need to be aware of to prevent this? Why would this happen? When I was working on it, I would save the document, close it reopen it and all was fine. A few hours later I come back, open it and it's hosed. :shock:
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: Help! Images dissapearing?

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Could you please send us a copy of this document for investigation?
you can either post it here or email us directly to support@pdf-xchange.com
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
cyclechris
User

Post by cyclechris »

Thanks very much! I will email.that shortly.
cyclechris
User

Post by cyclechris »

I did email that since it was fairly large. I have also re-created it, fixing the cut off and missing images. Is there something I can do inside the corrected file prior to saving (since whatever Bermuda triangle effect seems to happen during or after saving). Thanks.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Chris,

Thanks for the file - I replied to your e-mail, but to post a reply here as well - the content seems to have been completely removed - so the only way to fix the file would be to recreate it. As for making sure all is correct - try using "Save As..." and save it under a different file name, then open the freshly created file - if all looks OK with it, and you do not modify it any more - no further content should disappear from it.

Also please make sure taht you use the current latest build of the Editor (325.1) to ensure you have the latest bug fixes!

Cheers,
Stefan