Hyperlinks dead

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

uk999
User

Hyperlinks dead

Post by uk999 »

Hello,

I have PDFXChange Editor and Viewer, my preferred PDF tools. I like their look, feel and functionality very much.

Recently I decided to explore creating jump hyperlinks in a PDF opened in either program. I created a rectangular box then experimented with action hyperlinks to websites, to same pages in the one document, then pages in other PDFs.

However, although the links are created, and although the mouse-over action changes the mouse cursor shape (indicating that it recognises an action in the underlying box?) here is no consequent action regardless of where the hyperlink to to a web page or PDF. The links are 'dead'.

I have tried creating this link test on your programs installed on two PCs, a Win10/32 and Win10/64. Same result. No action.

When I create a similar test on the same PDF using competitor PDF editor from brand Q, the links immediately activate when mouse-over the rectangle. When I create the test in your editor, even though there is no mouse-over action, when the PDF is opened in brand Q PDF editor, the links work. Creating these links in Adobe Acrobat (8?) also does not activate in their program.

I am completely baffled by this. I sincerely hope that I am overlooking something as I will need this feature shortly.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: Hyperlinks dead

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello uk999
Likely the issue is that you still have the link tool selected, causing you to select the link instead of opening it.
Please try again ensuring you are using the Hand tool, and see if the links open.
Should they not open, could you please put a copy of this document here?
If it contains sensitive information you can send it to support@pdf-xchange.com, with a reference to this thread, and we will investigate as soon as possible.
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com