PDF-XChange Viewer - Click to buy NOW! - www.docu-track.com - Watermark Issue

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

wohlhut
User

PDF-XChange Viewer - Click to buy NOW! - www.docu-track.com - Watermark Issue

Post by wohlhut »

I have a document that has a PDF-XChange Viewer "Click to buy NOW!" watermark shown on the top right and top left of the document. I am using PDF-XChange Editor 7.0 and my license key is valid until August 29, 2019. When I upgraded from 6 to 7, a watermark started appearing on my PDF files and I had to re-enter the license key. After I did this, I was told to go to the Organize menu, select Watermark, and select Remove All. This worked fine... until today. I now have several files with the Click to buy NOW! watermark that will not go away. How do I remove this very unprofessional looking watermark from the documents I am supposed to submit to design professionals?
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: PDF-XChange Viewer - Click to buy NOW! - www.docu-track.com - Watermark Issue

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello wohlhut,

Please contact support@pdf-xchange.com with your current license key (or order number) and we will be able to assist you further. These forums are public so we can't discuss license information here.

Regards,
Stefan
wohlhut
User

Re: PDF-XChange Viewer - Click to buy NOW! - www.docu-track.com - Watermark Issue

Post by wohlhut »

This issue was solved by manually removing base elements by going to the Home tab of the ribbon UI select Edit --> All Content, then select the watermark by dragging a marquee around the entire thing, then hit the delete key.

Allegedly, this can only be done if you have the license to the PDF-XChange Tools program, and not just the Editor program, but it is done in the Editor.

Thanks to Paul O'Rorke with Tracker Software Products to help find a solution to this problem.
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Hi wohlhut
Allegedly, this can only be done if you have the license to the PDF-XChange Tools program, and not just the Editor program, but it is done in the Editor.
Not quite, I believe the issue is that the "Remove All Watermarks" feature of the Editor can not always remove watermarks that were applied by a different product than the Editor, I think in your case that was PDF-Tools.

I might bring this up with the appropriate people and see if we can get more consistency in removing water marks from all products using this "Remove All watermarks" feature of the Editor.

regards
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com