recovery of unsaved documents is not working

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

badgie
User

recovery of unsaved documents is not working

Post by badgie »

Hi,
I'm using V7, and recently noticed that when my PC was out of power abruptly, the documents changes that wasnt saved didnt show up in the recovery pane when I reopened Pdf Xchange

Can u please indicate me how to solve that ?

PS:
those are my recovery settings
Attachments
1.PNG
Dimitar - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: recovery of unsaved documents is not working

Post by Dimitar - Tracker Supp »

Hello badgie,

Could you please try to set the "Select the destination folder for Save As documents" to "Original Document Folder" and see if this resolves the problem.
recovery.png
The reason I'm asking you to do this, is because the last used folder can be only temporary one, or inaccessible.

Regards.
Sasha - Tracker Dev Team
User

Re: recovery of unsaved documents is not working

Post by Sasha - Tracker Dev Team »

Hello badgie,

We store recovery as a temporary data, and the majority of it is being stored in the Memory. If you had problems with power, then the Windows itself was not able to transfer the temporary data to physical disk or the file itself was corrupted, thus no recovery data was not available.
The Automatic Recovery will work correctly when the program crashes or the program's process is being killed, but in case of the power loss we can't guarantee the recovery data availability.

Cheers,
Alex
Subscribe at:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-TwAMNi1haxJ1FX3LvB4CQ