New pages inserted by button

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

petapproves
User

New pages inserted by button

Post by petapproves »

I've a pdf-file with an button (on page 3) "Weitere Blätter einfügen" (Add new pages).
If I do use this button in Adobe Reader I get a popup "Verfügbare Vorlagen" (Templates available) and a popup "VERD2". This will insert a new page with same layout as page 3. (See image Adobe_Reader.png)
If I do use this button in PDF-XChange Editor I do get an error message "Keine Vorlagenseite(n) gefunden" (Didn't found template page(s)). (See image PDF-XChange_Editor.png)
I do have the following questions:
Why PDF-XChange Editor doesn't recognize the template?
How can I work with templates pages using PDF-XChange Editor?

Regards, petapproves.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: New pages inserted by button

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello petapproves,

Files with such dynamic creation of new pages usually contain XFA forms, and unfortunately we do not yet support those at 100%.
The first thing I would ask you to try is to check and make sure that you have build 325.1 of the Editor. If you are using anything older - please update and test again.
If the issue is present in the latest build - can you please share with us an empty copy of this form so that we can pass it to our dev team for investigation?

Regards.
Stefan