I need help with the highlight tool.

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Lighthouse
User

I need help with the highlight tool.

Post by Lighthouse »

I am a newbie with Version 7, build 325. When I select Tools>Comment and Markup Tools>Highlight Text tool what is supposed to happen according to the manual is: When the Highlight Text Tool is selected, the pointer icon changes when it is hovered over text. Click and drag to highlight text:

Well, all I get is a crosshairs box select tool that disappears when I release the mouse. OK, I'm an admitted newbie with PDF-XChange Editor and still in need of some hand-holding.
Ovg
User

Re: I need help with the highlight tool.

Post by Ovg »

It seems that you are trying to highlight image, not text. Probably you should do OCR this file/page first ...
It's impossible to lead us astray for we don't care even to choose the way.
PDF-XChange PRO, 10.1.1 (Build 381) / W7 SP1 x64
lev
User

Post by lev »

If your PDF is an image, create a custom line with properties as shown below and use for highlighting.
Attachments
LineProperties.JPG
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello All,
Another solution is the rectangle tool, using style palettes you can create a "Highlighter" tool by using the Multiply blend style:

Results in:

Hope this helps!
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
Lighthouse
User

Post by Lighthouse »

Thanks to all. You folks are obviously knowledgeable with this product. I think my first step is to become familiar with, and routinely use the OCR feature. I'll be working primarily with scanned documents which apparently save as image files. As I use PDF-XChange Editor I'll post questions here. Maybe at some point I'll be able to help other novices. Thanks again.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Lighthouse,

Glad we could provide assistance!
Please also make sure to check our KB articles:
https://www.pdf-xchange.com/knowledgebase
As quite a few frequent questions and the most common features are already explained there.

Of course - if you can not find anything there - feel free to open up new topics, and we are looking forward to the time when you will be able to assist other novices!

Regards,
Stefan