Signature Insertion like Adobe Acrobat DC Does Free

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

themusj
User

Signature Insertion like Adobe Acrobat DC Does Free

Post by themusj »

I have written the developers twice on this topic with no response so I will venture onto this forum for someone's solution. :-) Adobe Acrobat DC {free version} will allow a person to take a jpeg of their signature and paste it /insert it into the space on the document where one would normally sign. The key is that is allows the doing of this without the white background of the jpeg covering up the line or anything around it. In other words, the signature background is transparent to everything else so that all you see is your actual signature.

PDF-XChange Editor apparently does not support this am I correct? I can insert a jpeg of my signature, but the white canvas blocks out the surround objects. Same graphic works fine in Adobe Acrobbat DC {did I say the Free Version :-)}

I prefer to have only one PDF program on my workstation, but since Editor does not handle this, I am having to use Adobe's free product.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: Signature Insertion like Adobe Acrobat DC Does Free

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello Themusj,

I am sorry for the lack of response to your other posts, allow me to provide that help here.

This process has been available and automated since build 319 of the Editor. This KB article details how to perform the operation in Version 6, and below I will detail how to perform the same operation in V7:

Navigate to the Protect tab, and click manage > add > Import from file:

Choose a file, (Ive used a jpg file):

Then simply place the signature on the document like you would any other stamp:

Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
themusj
User

Post by themusj »

Mega Thank You! Excellent. Now I can use PDF-Editor exclusively. :D
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Glad it worked,
Enjoy your day!

Support@pdf-xchange.com
Bruce Fraser
User

Post by Bruce Fraser »

The original poster, themusj, repeatedly compared PDF-XChange Editor to the FREE version of Adobe Acrobat.
When I tried signing a document in PDF-XChange Editor, I got a warning message, that the word "DEMO" would appear on every page of the document.
Dimitar - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Dimitar - Tracker Supp »

Hello Bruce Fraser,

Editing the document is a paid function, and adding image to the content trough importing image
is editing, that is in case you are using the free version of our product.

To avoid the Demo watermarks, please open your signature in some picture editing software like Paint, and copy the image.
Then go to the PDF Editor and paste it, and this should paste it as a stamp which is a free feature.

Regards.
Bruce Fraser
User

Post by Bruce Fraser »

Hi Dimitar,
Thank-you! It works just as you said.
The stamp box has a solid white background, though, so it blocks out whatever is underneath it, unlike a true signature.

Oooh! I just discovered Foxit PDF Reader. It does true signatures, plus every other comment/drawing/text box that PDF-XChange Editor does, and does it all for free. It looks like they are your main competition (... for cheap people like me, who want free stuff!). Nitro PDF Reader (free) also does true signatures, but is pretty anemic aside from that.
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi Bruce,

Thanks for the post - As I understand it, those features in Nitro in Foxit are only free during their trial period. Unlike us, after their trial period (which I believe is 30 days, unless that's changed recently) many of their features become locked completely.

Thanks,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com
Bruce Fraser
User

Post by Bruce Fraser »

Hi Will,
Sorry, but you're wrong.
Foxit Reader and Nitro Reader are both completely free. Not just "free download" (a sick, pathetic marketing trick used by many software companies), but free to use and keep forever.
Both offer upgrades to their paid products--just like Tracker software does--to Foxit's "Phantom PDF" and to Nitro Pro. Come to think of it, they're all just like the original, Acrobat Reader and Acrobat Pro.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Hello Bruce,
I wanted to Clarify a few points here,
When Dimitar said editing is a paid feature, he meant form editing. As you will see on the product page some 85% of the Editors features are free to use, with most of the other 15% being included in the paid version, and then Editor Plus specifically adds the ability to create/edit fillable forms, and use dynamic stamps for a full 100% of the features.

Should there already be a signature field present, you can certianly place a signature on the document without a license, it is only if you are adding the signature field to the document (part of signing if there is not already a field), that you will be presented with "buy now" stamps.

If I am not mistaken this is what Will was talking about regarding the free trial versions. To my knowledge, and after comfirming by looking at Foxit's product page, their "Reader" is indeed free, however the full "PRO" suite of theirs only offers a 14 day trial version, whereas ours is fully useable for as long as you desire. This is without comparing product costs.

Support@pdf-xchange.com
Bruce Fraser
User

Post by Bruce Fraser »

Thanks, Daniel, for clarifying.
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

:D
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com
TVNW
User

Post by TVNW »

I have XChange Editor 7.0.325.1 and I followed the instructions above, but I still get the white background overwriting the page background. I have tried a .jpg file and a .tif file. Is there another setting somewhere I missed?

Thanks
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Hello TVNW,
The process should be automated if you are running the latest build and have followed the instructions. Please ensure you are running Version 7 build 325.1 by checking your help > about screen.
If you are, please send the image you are using to us at support@pdf-xchange.com so that we can investigate the issue for you.

Support@pdf-xchange.com