After window update editor takes a long time to load

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

arnor@icetips.com
User

After window update editor takes a long time to load

Post by arnor@icetips.com »

Hi all,

Windows updated a few days ago and since then PDF-Xchange editor takes a long time to load a PDF. Same applies to Internet Explorer/Edge.

I found this on the Adobe website: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/know ... eader.html

Browser:
Problem: IE only: PDF takes about 2 to 5 minutes to load when switch the default from R11.0.07 to A DC/ R DC to A DC. [3795778]
Workaround: Switch default app to Reader.

This seems to be exactly the same problem. I used Process Monitor to see if I could locate the problem and what i see is "FILE LOCKED WITH ONLY READERS" error on several files, including a temp file that the program creates. It "hangs" because it is waiting for this temp file and it checks it once a minute and in the end, maybe after half an hour or so, it finally gets it, opens the file and everything's fine.

When I tried to open a PDF file in IE, it showed exactly the same symptoms.

Both PDF-XChange viewer and Adobe reader work fine.

Is there anything I can do to get the editor to work?

Best regards,
Arnor Baldvinsson - Icetips Alta LLC
Patrick-Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: After window update editor takes a long time to load

Post by Patrick-Tracker Supp »

Hello arnor@icetips.com

Thank you for your post. It would seem that you have done your homework. Could you please go to Help> About and tell us what version and build you are running? Please try disabling the SharePoint plug in for both the IE add-in and the stand-alone Editor from within File/Edit> Preferences> Plug-ins.

I hope this helps!
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Cheers,

Patrick Charest
Tracker Support North America