Print Preview and Printout is missing shapes

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

schwaigst
User

Print Preview and Printout is missing shapes

Post by schwaigst »

Hello,

I'm using PDF Xchange Editor V7.0 Build 324.1 / Windows 10
I have several documents in which I inserted shapes and textboxes. In Print Preview some of them are not shown and also missing on the printout. It does not matter which printer is selected. In the Advanced Print options, everything seems to be set right. (Otherwise I think none of the shapes were displayed intstead of only some). It also seems to have nothing to do with the count of shapes in the document. And if I open and print the documents with Adobe Reader everything works fine. Can you help here?

Thanks + br
Stefan
Dimitar - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Print Preview and Printout is missing shapes

Post by Dimitar - Tracker Supp »

Hello schwaigst,

Could you please send us few example files so we can investigate further the reason for this issue?

Also, I want to ask you to update your PDF Editor to our latest version 7.0.324.3

You can download it at this location:

https://www.pdf-xchange.com/product/downloads

Best regards.
cioma
User

Post by cioma »

I experience the same problem when trying to print page 25 of this document: http://www.analog.com/media/en/technica ... 4805-2.pdf
I'm using v7.0.324.3 under Windows 10 x64
Dimitar - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Hello cioma,

Could you please send us a screenshot of the Print Setup screen:

preview.png

...and if it is possible, a picture of the printed result of the same file ( the first 2 pages should be enough ), so we can see what you see at your end?

Best regards.
cioma
User

Post by cioma »

Please see a print setup screenshot and printout scan attached.

The first page in the printout scan is from the Canon Generic Plus PCL6 printer and it has a problem: dimensions are not printed.
The second page in the printout scan is from the HP M276nw and it's OK, so perhaps the problem is on the printer or its driver side.
Attachments
0372_001.pdf
(116.71 KiB) Downloaded 77 times
Capture.PNG
Dimitar - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Hello cioma,

From this information, it can be concluded that the problem is indeed in the printer drivers.
Please go to the printer manufacturer's page and download a newer version, if available.

If you already have the latest versions - can you please try with the PS drives for the problematic device (If it has those as well as the PCL6 ones)?

Best regards.
cioma
User

Post by cioma »

Unfortunately I don't have rights to install drivers for the problematic printer but I I did a couple of other tests.

1. Original tests were made under Windows 10 x64 so I tried printing under Ubuntu 17.10 from PDF-XChange Editor v7 b324.3 (launched under Wine) and printout was OK on the problematic printer

2. I tried printing using PDF-XChange Viewer v2.5 b318.1 from Windows 10 x64 and printout was OK on the problematic printer. So If the problem is in printer driver then it should have manifested itself here too. Printing from Microsoft Edge is also fine on the problematic printer
Dimitar - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Hello cioma,

It seems like the problem here is how this driver handle the tasks submitted by the Editor.

It's safe to state that the problem is not in the PDF editor, because it would be the same with the other printer.

Could you please try to enable the Print As Image option and see if this will resolve this issue?

print_as_image.png

Please note, that on some company computers, system folder access rights are limited and this may cause certain programs to fail to run in normal mode.

As a last resort, If there is an IT administrator available in your company, please ask him to install the newer drivers for this printer so we can see if this will solve the problem permanently.

Best regards.
cioma
User

Post by cioma »

Yes, "Print As Image" resolves this issue
Dimitar - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Hello cioma,

I'm glad to hear that your problem is resolved.

Best regards.
cioma
User

Post by cioma »

I managed to resolve the problem by removing setting file (I'm using portable mode), starting PDF-XChange Editor and changing settings manually
Dimitar - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Hello cioma,

I'm glad to hear that.

If it works for you, it is a solution :-)

Regards.