Event Bar codes and bank statements

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

myhealthylawn
User

Event Bar codes and bank statements

Post by myhealthylawn »

We have been unable to properly print off tickets with bar codes for different events. Baseball games, plays.
Today I had a problem with PDF bank statements in a faint font color I could not read or print off. (Adobe was able to handle the job as well as the tickets).
Are there permission areas I have not found out about? or anything else I do not have configured properly. Loosing patience with Tracker Software - subscribed for 2 more years>
Dimitar - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Event Bar codes and bank statements

Post by Dimitar - Tracker Supp »

Hello myhealthylawn,

Could you please provide us with an example file ( files ) for further investigation?

If the file contains confidential information please send it to support@pdf-xchange.com

Best regards
myhealthylawn
User

Post by myhealthylawn »

Do you need to set something up to print bar codes from tickets. (security thing maybe?) No tickets lately, does the problem sound common?
same tickets were able to be printed in good form with other pdf software systems.

Heading of bank name was ok on form just balance of sheets (8 of them) a light yellow & unreadable same color after printing.
I was able to do other pdf printing that day with no problem and adobe was able to show pdf bank statement and it print legibly all 8 copies.
can you work with this?
Please do not blow me off, this has something to do with security within your software.
Patrick-Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Patrick-Tracker Supp »

Hello myhealthylawn,

Thank you for your post. We would need to see an example of the issue in order to best assist you. Please also go to Help> About and tell us what version and build you are running.

Thank you!
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Cheers,

Patrick Charest
Tracker Support North America
myhealthylawn
User

Post by myhealthylawn »

I am not showing you my bank statement,
I am not going to buy tickets to a play for this exchange.
Are there any security measures that are set up in this software where by it will not view or print? yes or no?
How are tickets with bar codes normally read and printed?
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello myhealthylawn,

We can understand your concern regarding bank statements, but if you have the PDF files for a ticket that you've already used - can you please share one of those?
We do need to see a file to be able to try and assist you further!
Also please do make sure that you have the latest build of the Editor installed (324.2), as if you are with an older one - this might have been a problem that is already fixed.

Regards,
Stefan
myhealthylawn
User

Post by myhealthylawn »

Well ,
I found the problem, maybe you can help.
There are different kinds of PDF file formats, you can read about them in this article.
https://blog.marconet.com/blog/bid/3267 ... ue-purpose

I also noted that the one particular bank statement was in a very light illegible yellow as was the bar code on the ticket stubs. (images attached showing colors)
So, it seems you do not support one of the formats that is required, there are a few besides the standard PDF:
There are:
PDF/A
PDF/E
PDF/X
then PDF/UA
PDF/VT
I have attached an image where you will see the original ticket bar code and how it looks with your software.
(the one bank statement has the same yellow coloring.)
I also included an image showing original ticket stub using Adobe viewer: note they have the dark readable bar code.

I do not know which PDF I need, It is very, very surprising no one has ever brought this up or that you do not know about tit.?
Attachments
original ticket  Stub with Adobe viewer
original ticket Stub with Adobe viewer
Original ticket stub  with  Tracker software
Original ticket stub with Tracker software
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hello myhealthylawn,

I've answered your duplicate post in this other topic:
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=22973
But I believe it will be best if we continue the discussion here - as that's the one you started, and usually even if cases seem very alike - they are different.
So please do check my request in the other topic (for a copy of the sample ticket with the wrong barcode) - but do reply here instead!

Cheers,
Stefan
myhealthylawn
User

Post by myhealthylawn »

Hello,
I have included the download pdf of the ticket stub below.
Thanks
We have had the same issue with other types of tickets with barcodes like Baseball games and recently one bank statement
(not all bank Statements)
Neither Adobe Reader or Corel PDF Fusion have this problem. They read and printed all well.

However I have had your PDF-XChange Editor as my computer default PDF, so would like to see if you can figure it out.
Pain going back and forth with PDF Readers.
If you could determine what file types I could change the default for those.
Attachments
tickets (3).pdf
bar code issue
(123.92 KiB) Downloaded 89 times
Patrick-Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Hello myhealthylawn,

Thank you for providing a sample. It displays correctly for me:

Could you please go to Help> About and tell us what version and build is listed there? If you are running anything older than build 324.2, please update. You can download the latest version of the Editor here: https://www.pdf-xchange.com/PDFXVE7.zip

Thank you!
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Cheers,

Patrick Charest
myhealthylawn
User

Post by myhealthylawn »

Yes that is the version I had, but I went ahead and deleted it all and reinstalled from your link.
Still no good for either document. bank statement or ticket stub.
I also just downloaded Nitro PDF reader and it is able to view everything properly like Corel PDF Fusion and Acrbat reader.
They all work and PDF-XChange does not.
So I think that maybe in the PDF-XChange preferences -> categories area I have removed something. Can you think of something I may have configured in the preference or anywhere else that could be doing this.

Thank you
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hello myhealthylawn,

This does not seem to be font related as your bar code is actually vector objects (rectangles) and not one of the special Barcode fonts that exist. My original assumption was this when I first asked for a sample file, but now after we have the sample and have seen the images of how this looks at your end - most likely the issue is with the settings.
Please go to File -> Export Settings, and make a back up of your current ones, then go to the same File menu, and select "Reset Settings" - and let us know if that helps!

Regards,
Stefan
myhealthylawn
User

Post by myhealthylawn »

Stefan,
Yes, that did it. I can see it both documents now.
However I exported all my setting, but do I want them back?
Probably not.
Now what did I configure to stop the bar codes from view?
Would you be able to figure it out ?
It has to be something? I am going to take my time and add things slowly but if you could see that would be great.
Thanks again for your patience.
Patrick-Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Hello myhealthylawn,

If you send us your settings we can determine for sure, but I suspect that the Accessibility overrides were activated.

I hope this helps!
Thank you.

Cheers,

Patrick Charest
myhealthylawn
User

Post by myhealthylawn »

'Accessibility overrides were activated.' great!
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hello myhealthylawn,

Shall we understand the above as these settings were indeed activated for you and after you turned them off - your barcodes now display properly?

Regards,
Stefan
myhealthylawn
User

Post by myhealthylawn »

Well I just went to look again and I have not touched the option to change any Accessibility overrides. Not sure why I would have activated that area in the first place. Anyhow thanks.
I really like using PDF XChanger Editor and wanted to keep it as my default. Now I can do that!

Thanks for sticking it out and getting to the root of the problem with me.
Any PDF review directories you need a good review on?
Issue closed
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

:) glad to hear its all working properly again. If you really feel we deserve it, anywhere you feel like praising us is great!

Have a good one!
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com