How do I disable 'KeyTips'?

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Special
User

How do I disable 'KeyTips'?

Post by Special »

Added 'KeyTips' feature for toolbars and menus in the Ribbon/Classic UI. Press Alt to activate/use this feature.
It messes with all my " Alt + _ " hotkeys.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: How do I disable 'KeyTips'?

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Special,

Before the latest build - Using Alt+ menu entries was not working int he Ribbon layout but was working in the classinc UI, and has always worked that way.
Generrally Alt+letter key combinations should be avoided as the Alt key is normally reserved for exactly navigating through the main menu.
You could consider e.g. Ctrl+Alt+key combinations - those should work without interference.

Regards,
Stefan
Special
User

Post by Special »

"Before the latest build - Using Alt+ menu entries was not working int he Ribbon layout but was working in the classic UI, and has always worked that way."

Wrong, I've never had issues before and I've always been 100% using "Classic UI" since the beginning of time, these letters and them taking focus away from my hotkeys, and other presses are a new issue and has not "always been this way".

"Generrally Alt+letter key combinations should be avoided"

I've never had issues with any of my hotkeys until the latest build, and never in any other software, this is a ridiculous thing to say, and just seems like a lazy cop out to not have to fix the problem. I can list hundreds of programs that use some kind of Alt+key shortcut, WHILE still letting ALT highlight the menu to navigate them with arrow keys.

It's also one of the most pointless features I've ever seen, like if I want to "open" something I'll Ctrl+O, so why would I need to press Alt, F, O, as an alternative method? It also conflicts with alt key codes.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hi Special,

Let me run this with the colleagues working on the UI - and see if Alt keys are working in the way they are supposed to - and we will get back to you as soon as possible!

Cheers,
Stefan
Special
User

Post by Special »

v324.2 fixes my issues here, I've disabled the "letters" with the new option added and all my hotkeys work well again, smarter logic for sure, don't use 'KeyTip' letters until ALT key has been released.
AndyK
User

Post by AndyK »

Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Glad to hear that Special!

And thanks for the help AndyK!

Cheers,
Stefan