No Recovery Pane

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Lisa_P
User

No Recovery Pane

Post by Lisa_P »

Hello

PDF-XChange Editor crashed unexpectedly and restarted--and I hadn't saved my extensively mark-uped pdf for 2 hours. HELP!!!

I have searched this forum for mentions of recovery options and found a related post in which the user does not have a Recovery Pane option, and neither do I:

[img
PDF-Xchange_screen_shot.jpg
][/img]

I am using version 6.0.

Any suggestions?
Patrick-Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: No Recovery Pane

Post by Patrick-Tracker Supp »

Hello Lisa,
Thank you for the post. I am afraid that it seems you are running an older version in which the recovery pane had not yet been implemented. I am afraid there will be no way to recover this lost data.

To avoid this in the future, please update to the latest version. You can do so by installing the latest build over the existing installation: https://www.pdf-xchange.com/product/downloads

If you need detailed update instructions please send your license key to support@pdf-xchange.com. Please do not post your license here.

Thank you!
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Cheers,

Patrick Charest
Tracker Support North America
Lisa_P
User

Post by Lisa_P »

Thanks for the prompt reply, Patrick.

I understand that 6.0 version did not include the Recovery Pane, but it seems curious that there isn't any way to retrieve data from a temp folder (even if that method is not terribly straightforward). Is that at all a possibility?

Thanks!
Patrick-Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Patrick-Tracker Supp »

Hi Lisa,
Thanks for the post. I am afraid that unsaved markups are stored in RAM and are not recoverable as the RAM should be released once the process closes. This is why the recovery pane was implemented.
Sorry for the inconvenience.
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Cheers,

Patrick Charest
Tracker Support North America