Stamp rotates when resized

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

gspence
User

Stamp rotates when resized

Post by gspence »

When placing a stamp using PDF- XChange Editor (Version 7.0) the stamp rotates when I resize the image.
Dimitar - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Stamp rotates when resized

Post by Dimitar - Tracker Supp »

Hello gspence,

The problem with this file comes from the fact that when creating the PDF,
the content was rotated, but it was not the elements that got rotated, instead the whole coordinate system was turned, and this causes some issues as in this case when you try to resize stamps.
This problem will not occur frequently, and only a handful of files will have this issue.

I have passed a similar problem to our devs for investigation, but in the mean time try to use this workaround:
After you resize your stamp grab the green pin at the top and use it to rotate the stamp back in the needed orientation:
rotating.JPG
You can hold down the Shift Key so that you do the rotation at predefined steps.

Kind Regards,
Dimitar
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
PhilippeJanson
User

Post by PhilippeJanson »

Got the exact same problem here. We do a real lot of stamps here per pages and the workaround is to much work. Hope you find a fix soon
Patrick-Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Patrick-Tracker Supp »

Hello PhilippeJanson,

Thank you for your post. I think this issue was resolved in the latest release. Could you please go to Help about and check that you are running build 324.3. If not, you can install it here: https://www.pdf-xchange.com/product/downloads

Cheers!
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Cheers,

Patrick Charest
Tracker Support North America
GeMUC
User

Post by GeMUC »

Yess I have version 324.3 and i have the same problem
Patrick-Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Hello All,

I've just dug up the bug ticket for this issue and it seems it was reported quite some time ago. A developer is assigned to this, so I have raised the priority and requested a timeline for the fix.

We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause.
Sincerely,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Cheers,

Patrick Charest
Patrick-Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Hello All,

I have been informed that the ticket has been set to status resolved. You should see the fix in the next build release this month.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Cheers!
Thank you.

Cheers,

Patrick Charest