Outlook 2010, Convert to PDF cuts off end of page.

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

hcoward
User

Outlook 2010, Convert to PDF cuts off end of page.

Post by hcoward »

Hi,

I am trying out the Convert to PDF button in Outlook 2010. If I try to convert an email, the right-hand side of my emails are missing (that is to say, the line of text runs from the left, to the right and "Off" the page. I think that more briefly it could be stated that the word wrap doesn't work as it should.

The issue appears to be determined by my text size setting. There are a couple of ways to change it, here is the easiest.. ...
(Using Windows 7, I dare say that other versions of Windows have similar functionality)
Right click on the desktop
Select "Screen resolution"
Select "Make text and other items larger or smaller"
Choose "Smaller", "Medium" or "Larger" and apply

I use "Larger" for accessibility reasons (my old eyes cope better with larger print and this is the best way to achieve consistent results throughout applications). Unfortunately it appears that PDF-Xchange "Convert to PDF" can't cope with this, I would classify this as a bug.

Obviously a bug fix would be nice but in the meantime can you think of a way to work around this? I have tried changing the "Web page target width" in Convert to PDF setting but whilst that changes the result, it doesn't fix the problem. Changing the Windows settings is a no go (I need to be able to read the screen).

Note, I can "Print to pdf" no problem, it is just that the Convert to PDF looks so damned handy it is a great shame that it doesn't work.

TIA
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Outlook 2010, Convert to PDF cuts off end of page.

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello hcoward,

I will need to ask a colleague from the dev team to take a look at this, and we will post here once again as soon as we have any further details on this!

Regards,
Stefan
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello agan hcoward,

I've just spoken with a colleague that works on those add-ins, and he says that he has been unable to reproduce this on his machine, so can you please check and confirm that you have the latest build of our products (323.2)?
If you do have the latest version and the problem is still there, can you please send us a sample e-mail and the PDF file you get, so that I can pass them along to my colleagues for their investigation?

Regards,
Stefan
hcoward
User

Post by hcoward »

Thanks Stefan,

An email is on its way to support with the pdf attached.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hey, so we've got the email now

We're just setting up a Windows 7 VM to start the testing run and will get back to you within the week, hopefully sooner than later.

Talk soon!
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello everyone,
We've managed to reproduce the issue and are working on fixing it now, It seems to be exclusive to Outlook 2010 and windows 7 with scaling turned on, word worked fine, as did the rest of the office suite, only outlook seems to be effected.
Edit: forgot to include ticket number, whoops!
Ticket #4210: Text wrapping on convert
:) :) :)
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com