CMYK Color Management Issues

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Estrich
User

CMYK Color Management Issues

Post by Estrich »

Hello, I have a problem with color management of CMYK Files.
It worked already very well but meanwhile the color management is brownish on gray spaces compared to other software.
I prefer X-Change for some reasons but at the moment I can only handle RGB Files.

Compared to the help site, i can´t use Microsoft ICM, only Little CMS is available, as mentioned in the text:
https://help.pdf-xchange.com/pdfxe6 ... nt_ed.html

When i change the CMYK working space nothing happens.

See the difference of Acrobat (left) to X-Change Editor 6.0 (Build 317.1) (right) and the color space settings:
color-space.jpg
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: CMYK Color Management Issues

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Estrich,

Welcome to our forums!
Can you please check if you have a custom colour profile for your monitor in this location:
Windows\system32\spool\drivers\color
And if yes - please try moving it temporarily to a different place, and restart the Editor while the custom colour profiles are not present there, and let us know if the CMYK PDFs are still displaying incorrectly?

Regards,
Stefan
Estrich
User

Post by Estrich »

No, there is no special color profile for the monitor -where does the rgb profile come from?
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hi Estrich,

Hmm... but there are some files in this folder I'd presume?
The name of the profile file might be different than what is displayed as the name in your shot, so please see if you can e.g. move all colour profiles for a moment out of that folder.

Alternatively please try with setting the default colour options in the Editor:
1.png
And then please also check the Preferences -> Page Display -> Rendering -> Transparency option and try setting it to RGB:
2.png
Regards,
Stefan
Estrich
User

Post by Estrich »

Wow, i am impressed how fast you can reply. It seems that there is a problem with the rgb Profile. I reemoved all files from C:\Windows\System32\spool\drivers\color and the CMYK gray is displayed as gray.
RGB is different now but CMYK works. Weird...
color-space2.jpg
Thank you!!
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hello Estrich,
Wow, i am impressed how fast you can reply.
Well - we do try ;)

As for the issue with RGB - can we get a copy of the file, or does it now happen with all files?

Regards,
Stefan
Estrich
User

Post by Estrich »

Hello, do you need the pdf or the Samsung color space? As far as i know this happens with all CMYK pdf files.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hi Estrich ,

I was asking for the actual PDF, but if it happens with all files that have any CMYK colours it is not needed.

I will need to check with a colleague from the dev team if the colour profile (on it's own without the same monitor) will help, and let you know if we need it!

Regards,
Stefan
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hello Estrich,

Just a quick update.
I've had a conversation with one of the lead devs, and he has confirmed that he is aware of some such colour profile issues, and said he will be working on a fix for those, unfortunately the fix will not be ready for the release we plan for the end of this month, but he believes we will manage to get it into the one after.

Regards,
Stefan