Easy method for "SAVE AS" ??

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

KenMcC
User

Easy method for "SAVE AS" ??

Post by KenMcC »

I have V7 Editor. In older version it was simple and easy to do a SAVE AS. Now when I have files in editor and want to save that file with a different Name... Click File and see Choice of Save AS but clicking it give no choice to really SAVE AS.. choices are "Add a place" or "Browse" or "Local Folder" . "Add a Place" appears to do nothing ... Browse and Local Folder do take you to my storage folder... where I can Save As..
This all just seem like extra steps... May be that was you only/best choice of how to program this selection... Thanks for a good product. Perhaps as I get more familiar with the new choices all will be just great.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: Easy method for "SAVE AS" ??

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hey ken!

Seems you've stumbled on a bug in the build, Thankfully we've already squashed that one for the next build, just gotta be patient until it comes out!
The add a place functionality is supposed to do exactly that, add a folder for you to quickly "save as" to. Right now you simply need to have a pdf file in the folder you wish to add, and select it then click "open". That will add the folder it is in to the menu for quick access.

Sorry for the inconvenience!
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
HaPe
User

Post by HaPe »

KenMcC wrote:Easy method for "SAVE AS" ??
You can easily - via "drag & drop" - move the appropriate "Save As" - icon onto the Title bar (Quick Access Toolbar)
That's how I did it.I always prefer the save as function to the save function as I do not want to inadvertently
overwrite the original file.

HaPe
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Thanks HePe,

Also - I tend to use the keyboard shortcut - Ctrl-Shift-S - which directly opens the dialogue where you can type the new name.

As for the issue with the folder not being remembered - for the moment you need to have a pdf file in that folder and select the file. This will remember the folder. This is known and will be fixed in the next build.

Regards,
Stefan