Cannot email from open pdf

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Brando
User

Cannot email from open pdf

Post by Brando »

After the massive mid-December Windows 10 update I can no longer email from an open PDF. This is the error message:

"A problem occurred while sending the email: Error [MailLib]: not supported"

Any ideas on how to repair?
Attachments
Email-error-example-response.pdf
(224.42 KiB) Downloaded 86 times
Patrick-Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Cannot email from open pdf

Post by Patrick-Tracker Supp »

HellO Brando,

Thank you for your post. I am sorry that you are experiencing this issue. Please go to Help> About and let us know what version and build you are running.

Please also let us know if you are trying to call your mail client (if so which one). The windows update may have broken the Editor's association with your mail client in some way causing this issue. If that is the case, you should be able to rectify it by going to Control Panel\Programs\Default Programs and chose Set your default programs.

Cheers!
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Cheers,

Patrick Charest
Tracker Support North America
claude vidal
User

Post by claude vidal »

Hello Patrick,

Best wishes. I can confirm the issue, using 323.2. In my case, I'm using a Java script on a form to send an email.
snip_20180106163405.png
Brando
User

Post by Brando »

Thank you Patrick. I am using Editor V6 with Windows 8.1 Professional (x64) (build 9600). I checked and confirmed the default program for pdf is Editor. The issue very well may be something with the latest update on Windows 10 and not Editor, just thinking someone else may have run into this too.
Attachments
Email-error-example-response.zip
(201.89 KiB) Downloaded 87 times
Willy Van Nuffel
User

Post by Willy Van Nuffel »

Hello,

In case you wonder if someone else already had the same problem as yours, you can easily search into the forum via the Search box in the upper right corner of the window. Just be sure to start from the PDF-XChange Editor forum, then introduce your search-words, like "error maillib", and click the magnifying glass.

Normally, you should also find the following thread:
https://www.pdf-xchange.com/forum3 ... 62&t=30007
with an answer of "darryl allen" were he says to have done both actions, and that this resolved his problem.

So, can you please try to:
- execute the proposed fix
- if that does not help, back-up your PDF-XChange Editor settings, and execute a reset

I would like to know which one of these two items really fixes the problem.
Please let us know.

Best regards.
Brando
User

Post by Brando »

Willy,

Thank you so much! Resolved!

Firstly, thank you for pointing out my search (I did) was not as specific as your suggestion, will make sure to use more specific words in search going forward.

Secondly, I used only the your first recommendation for Outlook (32 bit) from your notes re-quoted by Daryl Allen: "Delete Msmapi32.dll located in the C:\Program Files (x86)\ Common Files\System\MSMAPI\1033\" . I did this and reopened Outlook and emailing from a pdf is normal again!

Sincere thanks!

Brando
Willy Van Nuffel
User

Post by Willy Van Nuffel »

Hello,

I am glad to read that your problem is solved, and now we also know "how".

Thanks for your 'feedback'.

Best regards.
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Thanks Willy! :D
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com