Cosmetic: Installer of V7 shows V6

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Peter2
User

Cosmetic: Installer of V7 shows V6

Post by Peter2 »

Not that important: The installer of Editor 7.0.323.2 shows "Version 6" in the title bar of the installer dialogue.
PDF-X-Change Pro German
Radi - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Cosmetic: Installer of V7 shows V6

Post by Radi - Tracker Supp »

Hello Peter2,

Could you please let us know in which installer you are seeing the wrong version?
I've tested both the .exe installer and the .msi installer in both Win10 and WinXP and I wasn't able to see it:
Editor.jpg
Regards,
Radi
Peter2
User

Post by Peter2 »

Hi Radi

strange - it seem to be gone. It was yesterday evening when I installed via "Tracker Updater" form the ZIP-file. Today I installed again, because it reported me

"V7 was installed yesterday; but now V6 is installed and you can update to V7" (see image)
(After the second installation now the reports are OK.)

Also the small type in German menu (see image) is now gone after second installation.

The wrong link - Detail from V7 shows a V6 website (see image) can not be checked any more.

And maybe the tooltip - "Update will be installed soon" - which is displayed after the installation (see image) could also be checked.
Attachments
Tracker_Updater_11.png
Tracker_Updater_12.png
Tracker_Updater_12.png (17.36 KiB) Viewed 1630 times
Tracker_Updater_13.png
Tracker_Updater_13.png (12.54 KiB) Viewed 1630 times
PDF-X-Change Pro German
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Peter,

Radi finished for the year (he gets tomorrow off).

We did have some remnants of "V6" mentioned in the very first V7 build - but those should have been fixed now, and it seems the update sorted those out for you as well.
The translations were also updated in the mean time, so that probably fixed the other localization issue.

I am not sure now - is the third thing - the non clickable link still a problem or has that been 'fixed' as well?

Regards,
Stefan
Peter2
User

Post by Peter2 »

The link in "Update history" - "Details" (of 7.0.323.2) links to https://www.pdf-xchange.com/produc ... #7.0.323.2 The link seem to be OK, but the second line on this page displays "...V6"
PDF-X-Change Pro German
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Thanks Peter,

I see the same on the link - but can't update that particular page myself, so I've passed it along to the web devs, and they will change it shortly!

Cheers,
Stefan