Affect on Windows Taskbar

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Bob Coleman
User

Affect on Windows Taskbar

Post by Bob Coleman »

I'm running Windows 10. I upgraded PDF Editor from Version 6.0 (Build 321.0) to Version 7.0 (Build 323.2). Needless to say, this is quite a jarring experience regarding the UI, but I'll concentrate on only one thing here.

I recognize that I might be the only person that does this, but I have the Windows taskbar hidden at the top of the screen. Normally, moving the mouse pointer to the top of the screen causes the taskbar to drop down where I can use it. However, when the new version of the Editor is visible, moving the pointer to the top of the screen does nothing.

I notice that the Editor doesn't have a normal Windows title bar and expect this is related to the behavior I'm encountering, but don't know for sure.

For whatever it's worth, Quicken also doesn't have a normal title bar and used to also interfere with the taskbar appearing, but some update to Quicken allowed normal interaction with the taskbar although Quicken still has a nonstandard title bar

When I talk about a nonstandard title bar, there are other things, but the most obvious is that the standard title bar color is not sued.
Ovg
User

Re: Affect on Windows Taskbar

Post by Ovg »

«... all stolen before us ...»
Bob Coleman wrote: I recognize that I might be the only person that does this...
Nope, https://www.pdf-xchange.com/forum3 ... 62&t=30177
Bob Coleman wrote:but the most obvious is that the standard title bar color is not sued.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com/forum3 ... 62&t=30189
It's impossible to lead us astray for we don't care even to choose the way.
PDF-XChange PRO, 10.1.1 (Build 381) / W7 SP1 x64
Radi - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Radi - Tracker Supp »

Hi Bob, Ovg,

@Ovg, thanks for pointing out these threads.

@Bob Coleman, we're working on the Taskbar issue and as Paul mentioned in the other thread - this might be changed in the future, but will not be treated as a high priority problem for the moment.

Regards,
Radi
Arnold
User

Post by Arnold »

A couple of times I have had a normal Windows title bar trying to force it's way through the Editor V 7 title bar. It is crazy looking, sort of half of one and half of the other. I can keep working and it goes away. I have only seen it a couple of times for a few seconds each time. The first time I re-started the program, but I am still working in the program now since the last time it happened. That last time when it happened I believe I was opening a County government form that has been altered so many times and ways it is like the Form of Frankenstein. Windows XP sp3.
Arnold
User

Post by Arnold »

In my previous post I was not being critical of the new UI. I like it a great deal. A lot of what I do with the program can be done with just the 14 or 15 icons I have on the Title Bar.
2017-12-27 08_22_46-PDF-XChange Editor.png
(6.3 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Arnold,

Thanks for sharing that image! And for the kind words for the new UI!

Cheers,
Stefan
Bob Coleman
User

Post by Bob Coleman »

Thanks to Ovg for the links to other threads, one of which made me realize that the inability to access the hidden taskbar is present only when the editor window is maximized. A satisfactory work around for me will probably be to resize the non-masximized window to take up the whole screen.

I'd prefer a standard title bar including normal colors, but that concerns me a lot less than interference with the taskbar.
Ovg
User

Post by Ovg »

2Bob Coleman

Don't mention it!
It's impossible to lead us astray for we don't care even to choose the way.
PDF-XChange PRO, 10.1.1 (Build 381) / W7 SP1 x64
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Bob,

Glad to hear you've found a workaround, and I will definitely have the devs check this.
We had something similar with an auto hide task bar even when it is at the bottom, but that was fixed for 323.2.

Happy Holidays,
Stefan