Crop Pages Panel Improvements - QoL

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Special
User

Crop Pages Panel Improvements - QoL

Post by Special »

So there are 3 ways to use the Crop Pages Panel: All, Current Page, and Pages (Boxes in Red) but only "All" has the "Numbers" for easy flipping of pages (Circle in Blue), what's especially nice is that you can hover your mouse over it and would the scroll wheel. This is a huge QoL feature for me when using this Panel, and I'd like to see these number be brought over to "Current Pages" and "Pages" as well. The Crop that happens would still only affect the current page of course if "Current Page" is the mode selected, same goes with "Pages" only crop selected pages you input.

Sasha - Tracker Dev Team
User

Re: Crop Pages Panel Improvements - QoL

Post by Sasha - Tracker Dev Team »

Hello Special,

Well, the preview control shows the pages that are currently selected in the Range Control. If you select 1, 3, 5 pages in the "Pages:" there will be 3 pages in the Preview Control for you to look at. This has been like this for years and has satisfied all of the customers and is logical in my point of view. When following your logic and if you select the current page for example and there are several thousands pages in the document, then:
1) How the user should find it in that pile if he scrolled somewhere?
2) Why would he need to see other pages, when he needs to crop this one particular page or set of pages?

PS: There is also a Selected Pages option that you forgot to mention ;)

Cheers,
Alex
Subscribe at:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-TwAMNi1haxJ1FX3LvB4CQ