Version 7 Not Maximized

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Arnold
User

Version 7 Not Maximized

Post by Arnold »

When I open Version 7, it does not open full screen. Is there some setting in Preferences I have long forgotten about?
2017-12-17 19_29_32-Greenshot.png
Arnold
User

Re: Version 7 Not Maximized

Post by Arnold »

I have the program set to close to the system tray (see attached). If I then exit the program from the tray icon, it does not start full screen. The program will only start full screen if I exit using File -> Exit on the Menu. I normally don't have the menu visible.
2017-12-17 22_22_15-Manage Tabs and Windows.png
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp »

By default - the Editor should open using the last settings used.

This happens for me correctly in all modes in Windows 10 - can you advise please your Windows OS version ?

Thanks
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com
Arnold
User

Post by Arnold »

The same thing happens with Windows XP and Windows 7. If I exit the program using Ctrl Q, then it opens full screen. If I close it with the icon in the system tray it does not.

This is the scenario. The program is running full screen and I click the X button to close to the tray. I then right click the icon in the tray to exit the program. Then the program opens minimized upon restart.

I just tried it with version 6 portable (322.7), and it seems to be doing the same thing on the XP machine. Is it that I just did not notice this before? I rarely close the Editor, if the computer is running then the Editor is too. I just happened to close it a couple of times getting version 7 set up.

Thanks.
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Hi Arnold,

one thing to keep in mind is that when you select "Close to System Tray" and then "close" the Editor, you have not really closed it. It is really just hidden. The Editor will not show in the "Processes" tab of a Win 10 Task Manager for example, however it can be seen to still be running if you look to the "Details" tab in Task Manager. In such a case settings are not written to the registry and the program is not going to start again in a fresh state - it wasn't "really" closed.

Having said that, we found that if the Editor is for example maximized, you "Close to the System Tray", then open from a shortcut (not the system tray icon) then it is not respecting that last state. For me it "starts" not maximised.

We have a ticket for this: RT#4153: Restore full screen after close to system tray not working.

Does that seem consistent with what you are seeing?
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
Arnold
User

Post by Arnold »

Basically there should be no difference in closing with File -> Exit or Close to System Tray and then Exit using the right click option. If the program was running full screen, I believe it should open back up in full screen under either scenario.

Thanks for checking it out.
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Hi Arnold,
If the program was running full screen, I believe it should open back up in full screen under either scenario.
Agreed, I believe this is to be addressed in the ticket.
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America