Shrink and Freeze new UI

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Sean - Tracker, Paul - Tracker Supp, Chris - Tracker Supp, Tracker Supp-Stefan, Ivan - Tracker Software

unzufrieden
User

Shrink and Freeze new UI

Post by unzufrieden » Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:52 am

Hello,
I use Tracker pdf-products for manymany years and never had a problem that required me to seek help. Until now...
The new version Nr. 7 of the Viewer has a terrible UI, I think. Up until now, I had the toolbar customized in a way, that all tools necessary for me where visible but the total space of toolbars was still minimal. In the new version its about twice as big. I can take away unnecessary commands but that doesnt reduce overall size. Also the option "Reduce large icons in toolbar" doesnt help.
Second problem: When I click in the document, the toolbars disappear! Since the toolbars now take away so much space, this is somehow helpful, because they take away so much viewing space. But I want all the tools I need, to be visible at all time.
So is there a trick to shrink the size of the toolbars and make them stay where they are?
Thank you

Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Shrink and Freeze new UI

Post by Will - Tracker Supp » Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:29 pm

Hi ,

Thanks for the post - I suspect that you may be better switching back to the classic UI:

Cheers,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com

Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team
Site Admin

Post by Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team » Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:14 pm

Second problem: When I click in the document, the toolbars disappear!
Looks like you have used the Ribbon auto-hiding feature. When its minimized, to disable it, just click on down-arrow on the right of ribbon pane:
ExpandRibbon.png
ExpandRibbon.png (5.23 KiB) Viewed 422 times
- it will show Ribbon-tools again. Then click again on the same button to make Ribbon pane permanently visible:
FixRibbon.png
FixRibbon.png (6.01 KiB) Viewed 422 times
Vasyl Yaremyn
Tracker Software Products
Project Developer

Please archive any files posted to a ZIP, 7z or RAR file or they will be removed and not posted.

unzufrieden
User

Post by unzufrieden » Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:31 am

Thank you very much! Everything back to how it should be, for me.
At first I wasn't happy with the new version but since I can switch back to the old layout...I'm happy :)

Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp » Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:53 pm

:D
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com