Display PDF file properties

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Sean - Tracker, Paul - Tracker Supp, Chris - Tracker Supp, Tracker Supp-Stefan, Ivan - Tracker Software

Chasim
User

Display PDF file properties

Post by Chasim » Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:55 am

I am using a licensed version of PDF-XChange Editor on a Windows 10 PC. I recently did a fresh OS install, including re-installing XChange Editor. Previously, when I would right-click on a PDF file, either in the default "Details" tab (or maybe on a special tab... I can't remember), it would show the PDF file properties, including, for example, the encryption method (if there is one) and number of pages. However, after the fresh install, it does not display any such specific information. As I encrypt a number of files, checking the file properties in Explorer was an easy and quick way to confirm the encryption, etc. My question is how to I get these additional/extended properties to show? I do not remember any special setting before, but there is obviously something I need to do display such properties. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Patrick-Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Display PDF file properties

Post by Patrick-Tracker Supp » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:03 am

Hello Chasim,
Thank you for you post and welcome to our forums. I am afraid that I am unsure what you mean. Could you please post a screenshot of your right-click context menu, and if possible show us where something is apparently missing?

Please save your screenshots in a zip file before posting it.
Thank you!
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Cheers,

Patrick Charest
Tracker Support North America

Chasim
User

Post by Chasim » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:31 am

Attached is a zipped image file. As you can under the Details tab, no information (like the encryption method or page numbers) is displayed. I think previously there was a separate Tab from the program or at least such file properties were displayed under Details.

Thanks.
Attachments
File Properties.zip
(7.97 KiB) Downloaded 39 times

Willy Van Nuffel
User

Post by Willy Van Nuffel » Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:29 am

Yes, it seems like you are missing the "PDF Information" tab.

At my opinion, you can best start with an "Uninstall" of PDF-XChange Editor.

After this, be sure to have a download copy of the MSI 32-bit or 64-bit installer and then re-install with it.
https://www.tracker-software.com/produc ... nge-editor

During the installation, you will normally have the option between "Custom" installation and "Complete" installation.
Select "Custom installation" and make sure that the "Shell Extensions" will be installed.
Installation of "PDF-XChange Lite" or "Tracker Updater" is up to you to decide.

Best regards.
Attachments
PDF Information.png
PDF Information.png (10.26 KiB) Viewed 743 times
PDF-XChange Editor Setup - Custom.png
PDF-XChange Editor Setup - Shell Extensions.png

Chasim
User

Post by Chasim » Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:38 pm

Willy Van Nuffel wrote:Yes, it seems like you are missing the "PDF Information" tab.

At my opinion, you can best start with an "Uninstall" of PDF-XChange Editor.

After this, be sure to have a download copy of the MSI 32-bit or 64-bit installer and then re-install with it.
https://www.tracker-software.com/produc ... nge-editor

During the installation, you will normally have the option between "Custom" installation and "Complete" installation.
Select "Custom installation" and make sure that the "Shell Extensions" will be installed.
Installation of "PDF-XChange Lite" or "Tracker Updater" is up to you to decide.

Best regards.
Reinstalling (and making sure that the Shell Extensions install was selected) worked. I should've tried that first...

Thanks!

Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp » Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:23 pm

:D
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com