Version 7: Comment & Markup Toolbar disappeared

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Michael_Swinton2
User

Version 7: Comment & Markup Toolbar disappeared

Post by Michael_Swinton2 »

I do not know how to get the Comment & Markup back into the Main Toolbar in version 7. It does not show under Customize Toolbars >> Main Toolbars anymore. Nothing happens when I select or deselect the Comment Toolbar. What can I do?

By the way, to have lost my customization with the upgrade to version 7 drives me mad. It takes me so much time to get it all set up again.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Version 7: Comment & Markup Toolbar disappeared

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Helli Michael,

Yes unfortunately the settings of the V6 and V7 editors are not compatible as explained here:
viewtopic.php?f=62&t=29984#p118684
And we are looking at possible improvements in this respect, but for the moment - you will need to customize V7 from scratch.

As for the Comments and Markup - are you using the Classic or Ribbon UI?
Can you export your current settings and attach them to this topic so that we can take a look?

Regards,
Stefan
Michael_Swinton2
User

Hello Stefan,

I found the Comments and Markup somehow floating and hidden behind the main window. I have re-attached it and selected locked the toolbar so that it does not detach again.

I switched back to Classic UI.

One more question, if I may. If I do not need some functions (e.g. stamps) in the main toolbar, how can I remove them?
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hi Michael,

Glad you found it!
As for removing commands - right click any toolbar area - and select "Customize..." at the bottom of the context menu that will show up.
With the customisation window open, drag the command you want to remove out of the toolbar area - and then "release" the mouse. If you need to add it back - find it in the customize window - and drag it back to it's place (or reset the whole toolbar).

Regards,
Stefan
Michael_Swinton2
User

Actually, I have noticed now that the trouble continues. When I restart the program, the Comment and Markup Toolbar is detached from the Main Toolbar – even if I lock all toolbars. On a second restart, I often can see the detached Comment and Markup Toolbar and put it back to its place but – as you can imagine by now – it will not stay there. What can I do?
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hello Michael,

Sorry to hear about that!
Are you using 323.1 (released yesterday)?
And if you are - can you please try to right click the Editor Icon on your desktop, and select to "Run as Administrator" - and then try to dock your toolbar and close the Editor.
Now start the Editor normally and see if the toolbar stays where it should be?

Also - are you placing this on a row with other static toolbars or e.g. on the same row where the Properties toolbar is?

Regards,
Stefan
Michael_Swinton2
User

I use 323.0 on a university computer and have no admin rights. Anything I can do about it?

I have two toolbars. One with all tools that I need and then the properties toolbar below, so it is on a static toolbar above the properties toolbar.

EDIT: It appears that an update to 323.1 has solved the issue.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Great to hear that Michael!

Cheers,
Stefan