Seperate shortcuts to search providers?

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: Tracker Support, TrackerSupp-Daniel, Paul - Tracker Supp, Chris - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan, Ivan - Tracker Software

chappy72
User

Seperate shortcuts to search providers?

Post by chappy72 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:40 am

Hello

we already discussed this topic some years ago here:
https://www.tracker-software.com/forum3 ... es#p106314

Now after publishing the great new version of PDF-XChange I'd like to ask you whether you could discuss this topic in your them again;-).
Defining a keyboard shortcut for the current search provider is great. But it would be a strong improvement if there is a possibility of defining shortcuts for EVERY search provider if needed.

It is quite similar to annotation tools: there I can define different styles of one tool (highlighting for example). for each style I can define it's own shortcut. THIS is very efficient and that's the reason I LOVE using PDF-XChange. I don't know any other software with this functionnality.

So I hope you will be able to handle search providers in a same way as styles.

Thanks a lot
Daniel

Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Seperate shortcuts to search providers?

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:55 pm

HI Daniel,

I have raised a formal feature request for this: RT#4126: Feature Request :: The ability to define multiple search providers keyboard and icon short cuts.

While the ticket is internal if you refer to the above anyone here can get you a status update.

Please note that creating a Feature Request like this is not a promise to deliver said feature but it does represent a serious consideration. As always it will be at the discretion of the development team leader as to whether this feature will be implemented.

hth

Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com