PDF-XChange - Tracker PDF Viewer - TIFF-XChange - Image-XChange - XMF-XChange - Raster-XChange - Support

Moderators: Tracker Support, TrackerSupp-Daniel, Paul - Tracker Supp, Chris - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Ivan - Tracker Software, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

monsoon
User
Topic Author

Pop-up Note

Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:38 am

Hi,
Sometimes I add comments to text.
If I click small icon x in right upper corner, window will close and text save. But it's quite inconvenient.
I found commands "Hide Pop-up Note", "Close All Pop-ups" and assigned shortcuts for them. Pop-up closes but text doesn't save. :(
Last edited by monsoon on Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Willy Van Nuffel
User

Re: Pop-up Note

Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:44 am

Problem/bug confirmed.

As a work-around you can best click the Select Tool icon or other option, before hiding pop-up notes.

The "Hide All Comments" command seems not to be affected, only the "Hide Pop-Up Note" and "Close All Pop-ups", like you said.

Regards.

monsoon
User
Topic Author

Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:39 am

Willy Van Nuffel wrote:
As a work-around you can best click the Select Tool icon or other option, before hiding pop-up notes.

I think clicking on the icon x will be faster than your work-around. ))

Maybe it's worth to also add a standard way to close different pop-up windows by pressing Escape (naturally with saving information)?

Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:01 am

Hi All,

I am now checking with my colleagues from the dev team to confirm this, and if it a bug - will make the necessary ticket so that we can get it sorted!

Cheers,
Stefan

monsoon
User
Topic Author

Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:43 am

version 7.0.323.1
Shortcut for "Close All Pop-ups" closes Highlight or Underline Pop-up window and text saves.
But shortcut for "Hide Pop-up Note" closes Highlight or Underline Pop-up window and doesn't save text.
Maybe it's worth to also add a standard way to close different pop-up windows by pressing Escape?

David.P
User

Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:17 am

monsoon wrote:
Maybe it's worth to also add a standard way to close different pop-up windows by pressing Escape?

May I add my firm +1 to this request.

This is also the way it has always worked in the former top dog competitor's software, and I haven't seen any negative side effects with it, in the past decades when I was still using that vintage application for production ;)
David.P
European Patent Attorney
PDF-XChange Editor Plus

Paul - Tracker Supp
User

Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:08 pm

HI guys,

yes - we see the same and it will be fixed. Ticket RT#4140: Hide Pop-Up Note does not save content

I added to it a request to enable the ESCAPE key to close the currently selected comment popup as Adobe does.

hth

Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com