How to Close ALL Windows?

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

adrienne kruse
User

How to Close ALL Windows?

Post by adrienne kruse »

I typically load each PDF in a separate window (not as tabbed windows). Ctrl-Q used to close all open windows, but after recently upgrading to version 322.7, this no longer works. There is a menu option on the File menu to "Close All", but it doesn't work either. In both cases, it only closes the window with the focus but not any additional PDF files I have open in separate windows.

Thanks!
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: How to Close ALL Windows?

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Hi Adrienne

thanks for the post. I do see the same behaviour as you describe in 322.7 I personally haven't used CTRL+Q much so I'm not sure when that changed or if it was by design. What was the last build you used where CTRL+Q closed all Windows?

I'll touch base with the team and see if there is a reason for this change.

:-)
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com
adrienne kruse
User

Post by adrienne kruse »

Hi Paul - Thanks for the response. I was on version 5.5, Build 315 before I upgraded.
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Thanks Adrienne,

it is confirmed it was not intentional. It has been fixed for the next build (V7) being released very soon.

cheers
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com
adrienne kruse
User

Post by adrienne kruse »

Thank you!!! Could I bring one more thing to your attention (and let me know if I should start another thread for this). With this new version, when I open multiple documents, the first document opens in the window position of the last document I closed (as expected). Each subsequent file I open will appear flush left on my screen. If I open 10 documents, the first will open "where expected" and the other 9 open flush left. They used to stagger position on the screen so that each subsequent document opened slightly to the right of the previous document. While this new behavior in itself is not that big a deal, the problem I'm having is that I keep my task bar along the left edge of the screen, and the windows are opening UNDER the task bar, obscuring the left bit of the PDF file. So, I have to move every document slightly right when I open it. I assume that isn't intended?

Thank you again for your help. It is much appreciated - as I LOVE your product and these 2 issues have been quite an annoyance since I upgraded.
Willy Van Nuffel
User

Post by Willy Van Nuffel »

Additional PDF-XChange Editor windows are opening under the Windows Taskbar (in case this last one is positioned at the Left instead of the Bottom). This only seems to happen when the Taskbar is locked. When the Taskbar is not locked (test in Windows 10), the problem is not happening anymore.

To me, this behavior seems like to be unintended, and most probably can be cured by Tracker Software development.

In the meantime, you can uncheck "Lock the taskbar" as a 'work-around' ?

Best regards.
Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team
Site Admin

Post by Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team »

Hi Adrienne.
...the problem I'm having is that I keep my task bar along the left edge of the screen, and the windows are opening UNDER the task bar, obscuring the left bit of the PDF file
This issue will be fixed in new upcoming build. Thanks for report.

Cheers.
Vasyl Yaremyn
Tracker Software Products
Project Developer

Please archive any files posted to a ZIP, 7z or RAR file or they will be removed and not posted.