highlight whole word at once in select text tool  SOLVED

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

sidabcd
User

highlight whole word at once in select text tool

Post by sidabcd »

while in select text tool, to highlight a sentence, keyboard shortcut is shift + right arrow, which highlights a single character at once. Is there any shortcut to highlight one word at a time like the CTRL+SHIFT+RIGHT ARROW in acrobat/office?

Thanks
Radi - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: highlight whole word at once in select text tool

Post by Radi - Tracker Supp »

Hello sidabcd,

Welcome to our forums.

I am afraid that for the moment - we do not have a shortcut that would allow you to select whole words using the arrow keys.

I've created a feature request for this and our developers will consider implementing it. Please use the following ticket number as a reference if you request updates on this topic by e-mail: #4037

Please note that I cannot guarantee that this feature will be implemented.

Regards,
Radi
Willy Van Nuffel
User

Post by Willy Van Nuffel »

Probably the question is really about using shortcut keys via the keyboard (... but one never knows ...).

If not, double-click in a word, does also select the whole word.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hi Willy,

Yes the request is more for a keyboard selection of whole words when already in text selection mode, but thanks for the advise - indeed a double click on a word highlights it directly.

Cheers,
Stefan
sidabcd
User

Post by sidabcd »

Yes, i know one can select the whole word with double click, but having a keyboard shortcut would be very convenient and time saving especially when you want to highlight some lines in a paragraph with arrow keys.

I eagerly hope this feature gets incorporated in the next update

Thanks
Patrick-Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Patrick-Tracker Supp »

Hello,

Thank you for the post. I believe a solution is already available for you. If you are using the select text tool, you can set up a keyboard shortcut to highlight that selected text. Simply go to View> Toolbars> Customize Toolbars. Then go to the commands tab and search "Highlight"

Click on "Highlight Text" and then "Properties". There you can add a keyboard shortcut for the command.

I hope this helps!
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Cheers,

Patrick Charest
Tracker Support North America
sidabcd
User

Post by sidabcd »

Thanks Patrick for the reply

Yes i did use this shortcut and it is very helpful

But the use ctrl + shift + right arrow to select individual word at a time instead of single letter (using shift + right arrow) would be very useful and time saving

This feature is already present in most other programs like google chrome, acrobat and office and i feel it would be welcome feature in pdf xchange editor which is already powerpacked with so many features and personalization options

Thanks again for the reply
Patrick-Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Patrick-Tracker Supp »

Hello sidabcd,

You are absolutely correct. I would consider this standard practice among Windows' programs. I have submitted an official development ticket. Hopefully, this will be fixed soon. Please reference this topic, or #4044: Issue with Select text tool (Ctrl+Shift+arrow) when requesting an update to this issue.

Thank you!
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Cheers,

Patrick Charest
Tracker Support North America
sidabcd
User

Post by sidabcd »

Thanks for the latest updates. I just wanted to follow up with my request for the feature #4044: Issue with Select text tool (Ctrl+Shift+arrow)
Will it be incorporated in the future updates
Thanks
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: highlight whole word at once in select text tool  SOLVED

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello sidabcd,

The ticket is still open, and a developer has been assigned to it.
So we do plan to implement it - I just do not have any more specific information at the moment!

Regards,
Stefan