Google Chrome

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

sinecure
User

Google Chrome

Post by sinecure »

I have version 6 installed OK. I am using Chrome but when I click on a link in a website for a PDF it opens some proprietory app and will not open with PDF-X. I have gone into settings in Win 10 and set the default for PDF to PDF-X and I also have searched to see if there are other links in Chrome but see nothing.
Is there a way to make Chrome behave?
Thanks as always.
Patrick-Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Google Chrome

Post by Patrick-Tracker Supp »

Hello sinecure,

I am afraid that we no longer offer a Chrom add-in as they no longer support NPAPI structure. You can read more about this here: https://forum.pdf-xchange.com/ ... me#p111431

You should be able to configure Google Chrome to open PDF files in the default installed PDF viewer. Go to chrome://settings/content/pdfDocuments?search=PDF within Google Chrome and activate the 'Open PDFs using another application'.

I hope this helps!
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Cheers,

Patrick Charest
Tracker Support North America